Road Glide banner

Brightasslights

25K views 69 replies 39 participants last post by  Bull_Duck 
#1 ·
Just installed the LED brightasslights on my RGU. It's awesome!
Great bright light with all the strobe effects. I can already see that cars behind me are keeping their distance from me, which in jacksonville, ( where people just drive like maniacs) is a blessing.
:)

#3 ·
I have a BA light also. love it!...set it on the fast slow continous strobe.as long as it's strobing people don't seem to creep up as much when you are stopped.

#5 ·
Yes, I got the BAL -1 . It's a perfect fit. Looks exactly like oem. And installs in 5 minutes. And I forgot to mention in my first post, it's also nice to buy a product that doesn't say "made in China".

It's made right here in Florida!
The more we buy our own products the better...:cool:

#9 ·
Bought mine from the dealer, with a HOG discount. Still very expensive for something I never see. But I have been told, many times, that you cannot miss it when I hit the brakes. And I am only using a blink twice then steady on pattern. If I could find where I stuck the magnet :eek:, I might try some other options.

All in all, I like it, and if it keeps someone from running into my ass, then it is well worth the money.

#12 ·
You can't find them on discount online. msrp is $200 from brightass.
My HD dealer gave me a good deal on mine. around $30 off.

it pays to form a good relationship with one of the neighborhood dealership.

#14 ·
My buddy and I swapped bikes a few weeks a go and I loved how the BAL functioned on my bike.

Best mod ever.

#16 ·
PeterRG2009: Thanks for the Utube Brightasslight BAL-2 video. I will check the website about this version. I think the BAL-2 has more LED's then the BAL-1 with higher cost. I would think the BAL-1 with 4 Super-LED Tail Light "WITH" License Plate Light would do the job without a higher cost.

#17 ·
I love mine. You can buy it from Kevin at Hampton Roads HD and get a discount if you call and mention you saw it on the forums. 757-872-7223 Tell him Bigdaddy sent you. Don't stare directly at it, it'll blind you!

RUN

BRAKE

#22 ·
I got mine this weekend at American Eagle HD. Same price as buying online. I bought two, one for my bike and one for my wife's. Super easy install and adjustments. Mine is on high intensity and continous strobe. Hers is on medium intensity and flash three time then steady.

have already noticed cars approaching much slower at intersections.

rg07

#27 ·
I was just doing a little more homework on the Brightass light. Unfortunately it looks like it wont fit my bike, 11 FLTRX. The turn signal, brake lights are on a small light bar on the back. I will keep looking for options.

#32 ·
I just installed my BAL-1. Of course it will take a week for my eyesight to return after glancing at all the flash patterns tryin to pick one!!!. I have always added extra lights to the back of my bikes. I believe the BAL-1 will be the best and simplest mod I have done.
Been a cop 32 years and had alll sorts of lights. And nothing beats the new generation of LED's- which these lights are.
All the previous led harley taillights Ive seen are 1st or 2nd generation. These are about the 4th and currently brightest!
I cant wait to get on the road with it!

#33 ·
baldwookie, Some of those 10 parade modes (14-23) must have made you feel its a service bike. They reminded me of grill strobe lights. My wife was sitting 20 feet behind the RGU while I was setting the modes. All I was getting with directions in her hand. "You can use that its number 16! parade mode" OMG. I went through the series way to many times. My other half ended up leaving due to light flash burn and seeing floating red spots. lol Then I kicked up the run light to #3 max brightness @ 10%. Since installation "Nobody tailgates or runs up on my ass. Great product!

#34 ·
i just put mine on and its true i have cars stopping alot further back to where yesterday i had someone pull up to me and say the further back i stop the worst that light gets.got me to the point i was not able to stand behind you.
so i guess it works :D

#36 ·
has anyone installed a BAL on their RGC 2010? if yes, do they offer one that installs within the existing fender 3 slits? jow much? where can I buy it? i want it!!! and I want it now!!!! I do not want the big clunky surface mount type. sorry RGU owners. No offense intended. Like the look of the RGC rear fender and would like to keep it that way. Other than getting rid of the red lenses and replacing with smoked lenses, but that could be another thread. any help would be appreciated.

#61 ·
So are they releasing anything for the FLTRX ?? It's been a year of talking.

#38 ·
No it does not. Just replace your taillight and ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.