Road Glide banner

wheelies anybody?????

31K views 70 replies 43 participants last post by  barelas4christ 
#1 ·
is anyone out there doing wheelies on a stock 96 RGC???? i see guys on dynas doing them all day with the stock 96...but i cant seem to get my front wheel up on my glide...

#31 ·
My brother in law could stand his bone stock electraglide up no problem.Likes to have the wife on the back. never had a belt problem. He traded this year for a 2012 yellow roady. I will have to get him to do it after break in.

#33 ·
so i rode around all weekend trying to get her up but nothing....power wheelie isnt working at all.....so now im going with clutch, not worried about the belt just the clutch but well see what happens.

#36 ·
I saw someone on a RG try to wheelie once,and when they came down,they came down so hard the front forks folded under and snapped off at the steering head. It was awful,but soooo damn funny. I think I'll keep my 890lb bike with my 200lb ass on both wheels.

#39 · (Edited)
Kinda stupid to stunt on an public road.

http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.com/top-7-things-will-happen-motorcycle-crash-nsfw-pics-video

http://www.accidents.com/news/texas-lawsuit-claims-motorcycle-wheelie-caused-crash-injuries.html

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/17029581/motorcycle-wheelie-turns-deadly

http://personalinjuriesnews.blogspot.com/2010/08/motorcycle-wheelie-leads-to-serious.html

On a closed road with the proper safety equipment it is fun to do and watch but that video only shows riders that don't think about the consequences of losing control of their bike and possibly killing an innocent bystander.

Just my opinion.

G
#41 ·
You better worry a little more about your crank sissoring and less about your clutch failing.If you've ever seen how much runout a stock crank has you would'nt even think about doing a wheelie let alone dumping the clutch.If you want to do crap like that go buy yourself a Jap bike and ride wheelies all day long.

#44 ·
I've accidentally bounced the front wheel a couple of time on mine,but I'd never intentionally do a wheelie...just too much weight and too much that could wrong.

#47 ·
Baggers look so good though lifted up. Like a T- Rex common to get ya! I tried lifting mine before I stretched the bags and fender. Dropping the clutch at 4-5 grand and all I got was wheel spin. :( Stock tires though, something sticky might have showed different results

#49 ·
Watched a 11 SERGU run a 12 Skunk, both lifted tires going into 2nd and 3rd.

I know my buddies Skunk will lift it in 2nd and 3rd with just throttle,, not ski hi but a few inches for a ways. Motor has 133 torque and 126 hp

#53 ·
*chuckle*
That's funny...

#54 ·
I lifted the front wheel up about a foot the other day by accident.. Was in a hurry and hit 2nd a lil hard.. Kinda surprised me that it came up and didn't bark the rear tire..

#55 ·
I pulled my front wheel on my FLHP quite often, I do my best not to do this with my RG. And a wheelie on purpose? I would like to think that along with getting older, I have gotten wiser as well. No wheelies for me.

#56 ·
Hummm... Why not. Lets look at a short list why

Bent fork tubes.
Broken fork tubes.
Blown fork seals.
Stripped handlebar mounts.
Crushed rear fender.
Scraped mufflers.
Bent mufflers.
Bent exhaust mounts.
Broken drive belt.
Burned clutch plates.

But if you really want to do a wheelie just roll along in first gear at about walking speed, pull in the clutch, and rev the engine to about 5,000 rpm's. Now release the clutch without letting go of the throttle and hand on for dear life. Oh and when you feel it going over just a little too far feather the rear brake.
Let us know how it works out. :D

#57 ·
Should we ask how you know about that short list?

#66 ·
I vote for: REAL - the shadow matches ... kinda

are his pipes getting a slash from dragging ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.