Road Glide banner

Mgs customs true duals

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  easybiker 
#1 · (Edited)
The Dyno pulls are complete on my 2013 FLTRU. These pipes are the best I have owned and I have owned many different brands over the years. Great sound/they look great/excellent fitment/easy to instal and they make HP & TQ. By adding therse pipes and high flow air cleaner you will get a 15% increase in power. Sorry I do not have PIC's yet, but you can see them on the MGS web page. Check them out mgscustombikes.com

Up dated Dyno numbers. I originally post the wrong numbers. By adding the MGS True Duals/Ness Big Sucker and PCV the bike picked up right at 17HP and 12lbs TQ.

Stock Bike
64.3 HP
81.38 T

True Duals Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaner
81.31 HP
91.63 TQ

True Duals/Big Sucker/SE 255 Cams
86.63 HP
103.35 TQ

As of 12/6/2012 they are having a special. True duals/Ness big sucker & PCV for $1089.00. Don't know how long it will last.

See less See more
#2 ·
These pipes are the best I have owned and I have owned many different brands over the years. Great sound/they look great/excellent fitment/easy to install and they make HP & TQ.
couldn't agree more, excellent pipes & I also notice better throttle response.

I will be doing 204 cams this winter & a tune in the spring.

Colin

#3 ·
Anyone have advice on doing the install? Will be installing my set soon. Which exhaust gaskets did you guys use? Do you have the torque values for the exhaust bolts and also for the ness big sucker?

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535

#4 ·
The Dyno pulls are complete on my 2013 FLTRU. These pipes are the best I have owned and I have owned many different brands over the years. Great sound/they look great/excellent fitment/easy to instal and they make HP & TQ. By adding therse pipes and high flow air cleaner you will get a 15% increase in power. Sorry I do not have PIC's yet, but you can see them on the MGS web page. Check them out mgscustombikes.com

Here are the Dyno numbers

Stock Bike
64.3 HP
81.38 T

True Duals/stock air cleaner
67.12 HP
85.54 TQ

True Duals Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaner
74.31 HP
89.40 TQ

True Duals/Big Sucker/SE 255 Cams
86.63 HP
103.35 TQ
As cool as true duals sound your robbing yourself of about 10 lbs of torque with them over a decatted pipe or a 2-1-2 pipe. Even more comapred to a 2-1 pipe.

#5 · (Edited)
As cool as true duals sound your robbing yourself of about 10 lbs of torque with them over a decatted pipe or a 2-1-2 pipe. Even more comapred to a 2-1 pipe.
That's not completely true, on my V&H TD's on my Road King I did notice a loss of power but NOT with the MGS, maybe the design is the difference.
look it up, every thread I have read say a TORQUE INCREASE, not just info posted from MGS.
I do agree that they sound awesome.

Anyone have advice on doing the install? Will be installing my set soon. Which exhaust gaskets did you guys use? Do you have the torque values for the exhaust bolts and also for the ness big sucker?
The install is straight forward there is a video on there site & pictures how 2 from bagger magazine
http://www.mgscustombikes.com/mgs-exhaust/true-duals/

Bagger Magazine
http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/1007_hrbp_mgs_custom_bikes_true_dual_exhaust_system/viewall.html

Colin

Attachments

#6 ·
I have a friend that has them and is selling them. He was not pleased with the fit and finish and says the bike felt weaker down low from his previous setup, that's all I can share. I wouldn't bite too much on a dyno sheet in a magazine, all kinds of tricks that can be used to inflate numbers. When I take dyno sheets into consideration it's people who put up their own sheets here on the forums.

Just my $0.02

#7 ·
totally agree on the dyno sheets,
My experience with them is a positive 1, I like them.

if your bud has issues with the fit and finish he should talk to MGS.

All bullshit a side there is no way to make everyone happy no matter what the product.

Colin

#9 ·
Just installed mine today and they sound amazing. I had MGS preload a map for me and the bike feels great I didn't notice any loss on low end.

Sent from my SCH-I535

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.