Road Glide banner

tires for 18" wheels

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  jim540 
#1 ·
What tires are you running on 18" wheels? I know Dunlop makes tires for Harley that are 18", but are there options that would be as good?:confused:

#2 ·
I have not located anything that fits the rear 180/18 OEM wheel, but I just mounted an Elite III on the OEM front 130/18 a couple of weeks back.

As far as I know, that is the only other 18" front that is a direct match to the OEM tire. The American Elite is supposed to be releasing an 18" front early next year.

All of those options are Dunlop. If someone has found another option, I am always looking for choices (just in case I get pissed at a manufacturer).

#9 ·
the oem wheel for the rear is a 180/16, and that is available in the american elite series. for the front, right now about the only choice we have is the oem from the dealer, or the elite III.

roadie, are you running cvo wheels? that is the only oem in 18 that i am aware of for the rear.

#7 ·
The issue with the OEM 130/70/18, is not them wearing out. For some reason the front tire develops cracks around the side wall.:confused:

The OEM 18" rear tire seems to last just fine.

There are plenty of tire options out there, unfortunately the choices for a set of OEM 18" rims with the proper load rating for a touring bike is very limited.

#11 ·
i am running the CVO agitator 19/18. I just replaced my rear with 15k on them and the only 18 I could find was Dunlop 180/B18 OEM from Indy. There are lots of 18's out there for rear in radial construction but if you have bias ply front u need to run bias ply rear.

#13 ·
the issue most folks have with the oem dunlops on the front is the sidewall cracking. seems to be a crapshoot with whether or not yours is gonna be the one to crack, and is the moco gonna do the standup thing and replace it or do you have to fight to get it replaced. some folks just don't want the hassle.

#18 ·
I have a 2011 RGC with around 6000 miles on it and I noticed the 18" front tire has some cracks around the sidewall close to the bead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.