Road Glide banner

Ole Yella transformation has begun

99K views 885 replies 80 participants last post by  Q-Hog 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to post my mods. Here we go. I'm starting installing all of my new parts and mods on my Chrome Yellow RG. I started with installing two Radio Shack horns and now I'm getting ready to solder the garage door remote per the DIY instructions. Next will be the Halo light when I remove the fairing. I just received the following parts to install:
Chrome Yellow T/P, w/black latches & hinge
Black Detachable T/P hardware & docking kit
Chrome Yellow Lowers,
CVO rear fender
Black BRS 16'' Sweeping Beaters,
Ness mini oval mirrors
Avon grips
LA Chopper Black brake & clutch kit
Softbrake Black shifters, brake lever
HD Black Tribal floorboards, passenger pegs, shifter pegs & highway pegs
More to come & pics to follow..

#10 ·
I just got my PIAA lights today. The majority of my parts have been delivered. I'm only waiting on a few more parts to arrive. I went to the painter and the powder coater and they said I should have everything by next Saturday (I hope).

#17 · (Edited)
Thx Neano, Here's a pic from my cell phone of amber LEDs I just installed on my Hawg Wired speaker adapters. I have the LEDs facing the speakers. I got the idea from a member's post in the DIY forum. Another easy inexpensive mod gained form this site..Thx guys.

#20 · (Edited)
I got all my parts back from powder coating today & just waiting for the painted parts to be complete. I just installed my shocks that I got back from Bitchin Bagger, 1 inch drop. I never used them before, so I guess I'll see how good they are. I also installed a sent of Chrome Glow LED front turn signal lights.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#24 ·
Looking good! Glad to see my speaker light mod made it into your build. It gets lots of attention. Make sure to do your gauge lights too!!

#26 ·
OpenRoadRG is killin it with those blue gauges!
Damn, that right there is why at first rain bike is back on the lift for another round and the gauges go to Marty.....everyone that post there gauges just makes me want to send the out now LOL

Q-Hog, your bike is coming together very well :D looking forward to see it all together

#30 · (Edited)
I just installed the saddlebags spoliers after measuring, measuring, measuring & re-measuring before drilling. And still one looks alittle off LOL.. Anyways thats the price you pay to save money. I also iinstalled the black saddlebag latches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.