Road Glide banner

Halo Ring ;)

103K views 255 replies 121 participants last post by  kyle31490 
#1 ·
I just installed Halo Ring (ala Audi style) on my bike. I thinks it looks good with the Sinister bezel. I used the light that I saw at the auto parts store, cost was $25 and my time to wire it together.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
came out good , nice job

#5 ·
Thanks guys,

All of the head on shots were washed out because the LED are so bright. I try taking them later when I can get a shot that is not washed out. Stay tune.

#10 ·
Could you be more spcific on what the product name is or a part # and which auto parts store, and explain more about the wiring process. I sure would like to do this myself and what about that bezel?? Sinister industries and how did you install that piece?? thanks for all the info, looks very very nice.

#11 ·
I used to sell a kit for Suzuki M109r's for the same thing. Often thought about doing it on a RG.

#12 ·
I got these at Autozone. Do a goggle for Ledlitz 28" flexible led, their available in many colors. It can be setup to your own perference. I wired mine with a lighted rocker switch in my glove compartment.

#13 ·
I think people want to know how you put them in, do they have adhesive on the back where you remove a protective paper?

Did you pop off the outer lens and run them inside?

Did you heat the lens assembly in an over to loosen the glue so it pops off

What did you use to put them back together

Just assuming you didn't get them in that position
though the bulb hole unless you have tiny tiny hands LOL

#14 ·
OK here goes some info.
The led strip is flexible with 3M adhesive backing, no need to separate the headlight housing. Once you take out the bulb, there is plenty of working room thru that hole, only remove a small section of the backing near the center (I also attached some electrical tape to the lifted part of the backing). Line up one of the middle led to the reflector vertical line, when your close to where it's aligned, litely make contact to the shell. Now using the electrical tape extensions, slowly pull off the backing as you make contact, then do the same for the other half. I drilled a small hole near the top of the shell and ran my wire thru it, then seal the hole with the sealant of your chose. From there you can wire it light any of the aftermarket led accent lighting.

#18 ·
I just bought this since I was at auto zone today. My question is where did you wire it to for power and ground source. I saw you used a toggle but did you wire it straight to the battery for constant power source? Im hopeing theres some place in the faring.

#16 ·
Looks good! A buddy of mine does LED light kits and wants to do my RG. He has a Goldwing with over 400 LEDs with a multi function controller that is operated by a key fob. I have a vid on my phone that I haven't uploaded to youtube yet that shows every thing it will do.

#17 ·
Total time was about 4 hours, most of the time was the wiring, solder & shrink wrap. So for about $45 & 4 hours my time, it was well worth it, gets a lot of attention and thumbs up.

#20 ·
BFMC32,

I have a hot lead in my fairing for misc uses (direct battery), and ground was to the upper mount of the crash guard, that way I can have them on when the bike is off. If you want to have them controlled by the ignition, you can just attach the wires to the low beam circuit (just solder or splice it to the low beam and ground at the plug that goes to the headlight bulb). Piece of cake.

Ed

#21 ·
Thanks, Ed. I guess i should just run a hot lead from the battery also. Still don't know if I want it controlled by the ignition or not. I would like them to come on every time I run day or night but I also want them on parked (only sometimes). I haven't decided which way to go yet. Any way to do both?

#22 ·
I installed it finally :)
Turned out great. I wired it to a accessory lead in the faring. Basically a un used lead off the headlight wires. Turn the key knob to access and wallah, no headlights just Halo ring. No switch needed. Love it. Thanks Ed.

You can see it on my mods post here http://roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=10931&page=3

#24 ·
Lookin good Mike,

I told you it wasn't too hard to do, probably the most eye catching mod for $30. Glad it worked out for you.

Ed

#25 · (Edited)
Found this post last week and loved the way the lights look. A local shop wanted $150 bucks for parts and labor to install led halo trim rings. After reading this post went to autozone and bought a set and installed them over the weekend. Cost me less than $40.00 for the lights and wiring shit. The fist pic is in the garage with the lights out(cant take from straight on cause the lights are too bright) and the second is from today after riding to work. Absolutly love the way they turned out. Did a hot wire from battery so I can leave them on while the bikes off.

Attachments

#28 ·
Halo rings

Now another thing on my 2 due list. Just wondering, why not use/get the same length multi color LED strips from CD or wherever, wire them in with the seperate on off switch, so you can control them with or without the other Led's if you have them on the bike, then let them color change. I understand that with color change, you can stop them on one color. don't know for sure, food for thought. How hard was the bezel replacment with the Sinister PO'd bezel?? did it go in ok, and how is the aim on the headlights after install?? thanks
Jerry in wisconsin

#30 ·
Now another thing on my 2 due list. Just wondering, why not use/get the same length multi color LED strips from CD or wherever, wire them in with the seperate on off switch, so you can control them with or without the other Led's if you have them on the bike, then let them color change. I understand that with color change, you can stop them on one color. don't know for sure, food for thought. How hard was the bezel replacment with the Sinister PO'd bezel?? did it go in ok, and how is the aim on the headlights after install?? thanks
Jerry in wisconsin
pissed off Bezel is a PITFA. You have to file the hell out of it for it to fit. Once thats done than everything is fine. Didnt affect headlight aim at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.