Road Glide banner

Mean Mug Bezel - preorders

35K views 124 replies 45 participants last post by  RaiderV-VZ 
#1 ·
After much nudging from the community here, we are taking preorders for the 2010 to present Mean Mug Bezels. These will not fit a 2009 and older bike, unless you have the updated 2010 and up headlight assembly or the daymaker setup. Install is easy, and snaps into place just like your stock bezel.

Color options are Gloss or flat black only and they are $130 plus shipping.
Go HERE to preorder yours now! http://gascapitalcustoms.com/Products.html

***UPDATE***

To all of you that have preordered, don't worry. Yours will start shipping on December 1st, if not sooner. Im still on schedule and nothing has changed, thanks for your order :)

To those of you that have not yet ordered,.. you will be able to do so again soon. For the time being, I have taken the order button down to keep from getting overwhelmed. You see, each one of these are built by hand one at a time, and there is nothing fast about it. They aren't being punched out by a machine, it is all manual hands on and each piece is built, sanded, primed, sanded and painted. I want to create good quality products, not just punch something out fast to turn a quick profit. With that being said, doing these in limited runs are the best way to achieve quality and be able to fill orders in a timely fashion, without burning me out on making them and still being able to do other things in the shop as well.
I have gone back and forth on this for a while, and even though I hate doing it this way,.. its whats best for everyone including you guys buying them.

I will announce very soon, when I will take another order for a limited run. I'm sorry for those of you that were just about to place an order, and I hope that you hang with me and still purchase one down the road. I believe that doing them right, instead of rushing them will pay off in the long run over just throwing out things to just try to keep up.

Again, thanks to everyone that has ordered, and for those of you that order in the future. :D

They will be shipped out in the order they are placed and shipping will begin December the 1st. Updates and news will be posted on our facebook page along with here. So please "like" us on facebook for the most up to date news,.. https://www.facebook.com/Gascapitalcustoms

If you have more questions, you can read these older threads that I have answered a lot of questions on during the design and testing stages.
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=25419
and
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=24607

More pictures of the gloss black will be added soon, along with a product video. In the mean time here is the flat black

***UPDATE 11/25/12***

Gas Capital Customs has a new contest for everyone who purchases a Mean Mug Bezel. (this is for anyone who has purchased one, and does in the future as well)

We are looking for a the best, highest quality pictures of your Road Glide with our bezel proudly installed. We're looking for anything that is eye catching,.. jaw dropping scenic, professional studio, with a model, with you, most original, show us what you got!!! We are limited to only taking 1 submission per person per month, so make it a good one! If we see something you like, or you tell us in the comments section that you have a lot more high quality pictures we may contact you for more. More rules are on our website, where the form is located on the bottom of the "Products" page. http://www.gascapitalcustoms.com/Products.php

The winner(s) will recieve a full refund of purchase price. The current contest ends on May 1st 2013, so there is no rush for the people currently in hibernation mode.

See less See more
#2 ·
Chain, you gonna set one up for us older Gliders?

#4 ·
Yes Sir,.. 2009 and older bikes will have theirs coming as well. My goal on them is around March/April. It could be a lot sooner depending on how these sell right off the bat.

#3 ·
Order done!! Can't wait!!

#7 ·
Just ordered a gloss Black....can't wait to get it
Thanks for your hard work :)

#10 ·
This is working out great. I have a spare outer fairing, my Daymakers came today, and now I just preordered the Mean Mug, just have to figure what windshield I need. When my wife asks me, I'm blaming you Chain, lol. Good work, I can't wait to get it.

#11 ·
Chain, just a thought. If you come up against a copyright infringement claim, you can always rename Mean Mug....The Frown.

#13 ·
Thanks for the orders guys!!

And a heads up,.. some of you early order guys might recieve yours sooner then expected :) So if you get a shipping notice, its legit.

#31 ·
And a heads up,.. some of you early order guys might recieve yours sooner then expected :) So if you get a shipping notice, its legit.
I hope I'm one of these guys!!

#14 ·
Chain, do you by chance have any photos with the Mean Mug bezel on a Glide with the Daymakers?

Thanks,

#18 ·
Chain :

Have you (or others) thought about a possible way to prevent easy theft of the bezel?
I'm thinking I will be having to remove it every time im going to leave my bike unattended at a public event . I was wondering if the constant On & Off & On again will either wear away on the bezel edges or possibly on the fairing's housing of the bezel .. I dont know if that even is a concern (??) I was just wondering about it....

#28 ·
Just a thought, on the Yaffe Scoowl they use two screws under the front to hold it in. I hate that they couldn't make the fit better, but it does act as a deterent to theft also, I'll probably do the same with the Mean Mug.

#21 ·
Just ordered the gloss black. Not doing much 30-deg riding right now, but will still be anxious to receive this once you ship!

#22 ·
Just ordered a gloss black one, can't wait to get it mounted.
Thanks, Thistle

#23 ·
Just ordered mine. Add another gloss black to the list, Chain.....:D

#24 ·
Hey dbell66253, I saw your post about having a spare outer as well as just receiving your Daymakers. I asked Chain if he had any photos of the Mean Mug with Daymakers, he unfortunately doesn't so I was hoping that when you get your Mean Mug installed with your Daymakers you will post some photos for us to see. I am guessing it will look bad a$$ with them however would like a photo to be sure.

Thanks in advance,

J

#32 ·
Just ordered mine also!! Can't wait!!

#33 ·
I'm sitting here playing with my Daymakers and OEM headlights, I see no reason the Mean Mug should not fit, the only difference between the two bezels is that the one for the Daymakers is painted and the OEM isn't, both lights use the exact same size lense.

#34 ·
I like the idea that the Mean Mug doesn't require screws. It was a selling point for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.