Road Glide banner

Another lift thread

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  moose1 
#1 · (Edited)
I think im going to pull the trigger on one of the 299 HF lift tables.

I've been reading all morning various threads and comments but I'm still on the fence between that and a sears lift. Everything I've read is pretty much mehhh... no absolute horror stories but no absolute love stories either...
I realize both are on the low end of the curve but my budget is pretty limited due to a long list of winter upgrades.

I've decided I'm going to perform my own upgrades and maintenance starting this year so stay tuned for some good comic relief considering I'm about as far from being mechanically inclined as humanly possible.

D.

#2 ·
Harbor Freight lift is like you said meehhh alright. Smaller bikes, no problem works great, bigger bikes like a RG, lets just say you'll hold your breath a little. Like you I was on a tight budget. Thats why I have one, I just try not to have it extended all the way for long periods of time, and I strap everything down. Shop around I have seen them as low as $225. After Christmas they will probably be priced very low again.

#3 ·
Anybody got a link to the table you are talking about? 299 seems to be a pretty good price for a lift table. I was just gonna get a HF jack since they fold up. Space is limited and Im not sure I can have a table sitting out all the time.

#4 ·
Same problem... space I only have a 2 car garage and my wife likes to park her car in there...Guess I'll be bribing her not to when I'm working on the bike.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...0-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892-8495.html

you can print a coupon online that brings it to 299

this code works if you want to order it online #11890073
some people have called and placed the order over the phone and picked it up at the store.

#5 ·
Buddy of mine has one he found at a yard sale and if it's not the same one its a twin. He moves it around his garage and it works well. He services bikes all the time using it (he's an amsoil dealer). An ultra just fits on it. The back wheel very near if not on the rear edge. The only drawback is due to the width of it you have to manhandle your bike and walk your bike up on it 'briskly'. He runs the bike on it himself not wanting help, but you have to be careful not to drop it. He puts the bike in gear and brakes letting the clutch out as need be, he stays away from the front brake.

#6 ·
The HF table will get the job done, i will suggest losing the wheel vice and get a rocking style wheel chock and bolt it on the table. You can pick it up at HF also, about $30 bucks, this will extend your table a few inches and you can easily load the bike by yourself.

#9 ·
you can usually find 20% off coupons in.a variety of different magazines... motorcycles, cars and truck magazine. if someone needs one I have an extra I can send in the mail.

Sent from my SCH-I535

#15 ·
I'm thinking this might be one for me as well. Need to run by HF to check it out on Black Friday to see if it imspires confidence and if they have a local special deal....

#17 ·
I've been looking for a SAMII on Craigslist for while, so far, nothing coming around, so the HF high one is slated as interim piece, confident it can be modded for bigger bike, used for lawnmower repairs later. HF stuff is cheesy, just have to split the difference on less used stuff or weigh options

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.