Road Glide banner

Will You Be Attending Shark Week III?

• You bet your sweet ass I'll be there!

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • I hope to, but have a few things to work out.

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • I'm on the fence - I'm worried about getting a shark tooth

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • No, but I will be at Shark Week IV!

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • No, I knocked up the old lady.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Will You Be Attending Shark Week III?

117K views 948 replies 142 participants last post by  CPTJAM 
#1 · (Edited)
Shark Week III
July 30 through August 1, 2013

Lexington Hotel and Conference Center
850 Bluff Street
St. George, UT 84770
United States

Website: http://www.lexingtonhotels.com/property.cfm?idp=22049

Toll Free Reservations: 800-457-9800 Let the reservationist know that you are registering for "Shark Week." The group rate is $57.00 per night.

The Lexington is a former Holiday Inn that's been upgraded with new furniture and carpeting, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, and microwaves are in every room. I stayed here during my visit, and came away convinced that this is the ideal location for Shark Week in 2013. Many thanks to LadyZ who scouted out the location and negotiated the rate.

#2 · (Edited)
I put it on the calendar. Seems like a strange part of the week, but what do I know? I don't think I can take the whole week off. Maybe some of you will be coming early, the weekend before, or are staying late until the next weekend.

I look forward to meeting whoever can make it out. I hope some of you veteran, East Coast Shark Weekers make it out to the West. Seems like a haul, but you guys and gals aren't afraid of miles... For those of you with less available vacation time, maybe you can fly out and rent a Shark ( bring your windshield, heheh ).

Mylo

#4 ·
here we go again

I voted "bet your sweet ass I'll be there" but that statement just seems inappropriate for some reason. Sweaty ass, maybe.

And here we go with the "why the middle of the week?" comments again....
Is this so we have a weekend at each end of the rally for travel time? Some may be able to attend with only one week's worth of vacation. Me, I may need three weeks being the pussy I am.

Thanks Stray Mutt and Lady Z. I will book my holidays asap for SW3. THREEPEAT OFFENDER comin' at ya!

#6 · (Edited)
1447mi, 4 days travel time, 362mi/day, leave Friday, arrive Monday = gravy trip........it's been marked on the calender since we got home from SWII, we'll be there come hell or high water.
Awesome motel rate, probably cost us more on the way there and back. I HATE paying $80-100/nite for a bed and shower.

Now to figure out the back road route to get there............made basically the same trip in '05, gotta find some new roads for this trip.

OK folks, this is 51 weeks advance notice, let's not have any BS excuses, tell the family and the boss to grow up and get over it.

#9 ·
Stray Mutt,

just called and talked to Olivia to make my reservations and she has nothing under "Shark Week" group. Can you give them a call? I didn't know your name to throw around.

Bill

#15 ·
Per Stray Mutt about 30 mintues ago:

The front desk manager didn't get the message until this morning and hadn't communicated. Should be OK in a couple of hours.

#11 ·
You're damn right I'm going. All Rufus and I need to decide is where to meet. :D
We'll represent the east coast if no one else does. Most direct route is 2400+ one way. Bet the whole trip breaks 7500 unless I decide to include Sturgis afterwards. then who knows?

GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!

#18 ·
Stray Mutt,

Thanks all good now. Talked to Shayne and have my reservations made. Now how long before I can pack my bags??

Looking forward to a GREAT time.

Bill

#19 ·
Too bad this wasn't a fall invitational. Real estate in St George dirt cheap right now.

And sounds like minute men from this group are mentally packed.

1800 miles from me. Like easy rider, without the dumb ending.

The other good point is that we also own the best touring bikes on the planet, period.

Maybe Katie Holmes will show up?

Provably not.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Motorcycle.com Free App

#21 ·
Shark Week III 2013 - The GYPSY TOUR!!!

Threepeat Offender Here.

Can you say Route 66 Gypsy Tour. Ohhhhh baby! No cobblestones but I know of some original alignment sections that have never been paved!!

HUTMO

#28 ·
I'm in.:D The wife and I have decided to make to make it next years vacation destination. 1832 miles 4 days one way I70 to I15, could change to the Rt66 depending on Hutmo's route. Started a personal SW3 savings fund last week. The wife already has given the green light for a new seat for the journey. Hopefuly the sweat shop lets me have 3 weeks vacation. Im giving them there 50 weeks notice tomorrow.

#31 ·
For sure! The only decision is whether I should do my Epic Adventure (look out Canada and west coast!) before or after Shark Week.

Route 66 Gypsy Tour, huh? Maybe the EA can wait until afterwards! Meet you in Joplin, Chris!

#35 ·
That's the second such report that I've received. I highly doubt that we've used up our allotment already - I reserved a block of 75 rooms, and there are 164 total rooms at the hotel. So unless there's a reunion of all of Wilt Chamberlain's ex bed partners, I think that some bad info is being floated out there. I'll get hold of the authorities and try to get things straightened out.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.