Road Glide banner

New Cycle Sounds Lids, Need help deciding on 6x9's!

9K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  Orangeappeal 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I just recieved my new Cycle Sounds Lids and am about to get them painted, and while they are out, I was trying to figure out what speakers to go with... I will be using a PBR300x2 to power the 6x9's. Does anyone have an Idea of what would sound good in these saddlebags? I know sound is subjective to everyones ear, I just need a nudge in the right direction. I have 4 Polk audios in the front running off a PBR300x4, but I have heard that the Polk 6x9's come up a little lacking in the bass dept. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
Is there a car stereo store close to you where they have a display where you can compare different speakers? Or you can also check online for different reviews, and check places like Crutchfield where they review and rate many different products.

#6 ·
Tried Best Buy, You can never find the mobile audio salesperson... SMH! I read a review on the internet, it was called "The Ultimate 6x9 ShootOut" The rated the Soundstream SST6.9 as the best for overall sound quality and value, and this was out of 23 dfferent brands including some higher end models!

#21 ·
Be glad to help out however I can. Usually if you go to the local HD dealers they always have a list of whats going on. If all else fails just go to Cafe 27 (US 27 and Griffin) on any weekend or Thursday night.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#24 ·
I live in Miramar which is just a few miles away. I work in Miami, about 25 minute drive one way.

#27 ·
I live 3 minutes up from 186th (183) and 67th ave, (Flamingo) just above the Dade Broward line. We'll definitely have to meet up. I apologize to the OP also, at least he lives here so he understands. :)

#31 ·
h-doughnut I'm guessing you have the HD style lids?
yes I do - not even painted, just primered from HD

I like the angle, but haven't ridden anyone else's bike with cycle sounds or side car cyles to compare.

5x7 is a tough size

I just finished the break in on the rears, adding the bass boost soon

everything sounds perfect, just want a little, woof woof

it's fripping raining 38 degrees sideways here for the past 8 days, today was nice but everything is cold and muddy - sent us some more sunshine please

been going around the house with weather stripping tape and jam sealant to
keep it warm, yeah, big fun

#36 ·
Great job u will have to let us know how it sounds when you are all done buttoning it up. Or better yet post a video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.