Road Glide banner

New upgrades.107

6K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  SpringerTodd 
#1 ·
My new upgrades.
Cylinder, heads and trottle body is at Hillside with Scott. Going 107 with his stage 3 touring head and matching the trottle boby up to the heads. Installed TW-777 cams with Woods lifters and pushrods from Fuel Moto. Install new Barnett clutch spring. waiting to get parts back from Scott then after it's back together will be heading to Doc's for a TTS and tune. I'm down here in sunny FL and it's killing me not to be able to ride. Don't know how you people up north go 3-6 months without riding.

#3 ·
I've got mine in the shop going for a TW 555 and later upgrade to the 107 yeah let us know when you get your Dyno sheets back love to see them does sound like it will be a good combination!
ST

G
#4 · (Edited)
sounds like a good build,we`ve used the 777 cams on a couple of our 107" builds with very good results (i know what you mean about the "3-6 months without riding",we reloacated from indiana to florida about a year ago,dont know why i did it for 50 years!!)

#7 ·
Are you going to ride it before January 19 to see how it feels. I don't think I could have my bike all together from a recent build and not ride it for 4 weeks.

G
#8 ·
go ahead & put some miles on it,we always try to get atleast 100 on our builds before putting on a dyno (if the bikes runs decent,your not going to hurt anything,if it runs like crap,then your going to have to wait)

#14 · (Edited)
Well had a great time with Doc, man he know his stuff and is great to talk with. To start with, I was not chasing numbers and the bike runs great. Took off Sunday morning with the wife for a good ride. The bike is a lot quicker and now likes to spin the tire, even with 2 up. It runs alot cooler, oil temp never got over 200 and got 44mpg with 2 up. So here are the numbers.
109.3hp&120.1tq SAE
112.2hp&123.2tq STD
111.4hp&122.4tq UNCORR

Attachments

#22 ·
Hey Ghost do you have another pic of the dyno sheet where I can see the RPM #'s at the bottom?? You really have great #'s there I just want to see WHERE they happen! I've got a 96" with Woods555's(chain) and going to a 107 and I'll go to a gear cam as well as head work.
Thanks!
-ST

#18 ·
Yes, everything went good. He was done sooner than he thought he would be and he did say I got a good set of head. He also said I may have lost some from not doing a good break-in and if I couldn't ride it I should have just wait for him to break it in on the dyno. We live and learn, right. Thanks for the great work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.