Road Glide banner

Shark week III - Saint George Utah 2013 -July 30 to Aug 1

82K views 477 replies 120 participants last post by  04Glider2 
#1 ·
Straymutt and Nutter mutter were the brave souls to take on Shark Week III and they are bringing it to the west coast. Saint George Utah is the destination, date to be announced later as Ron and Mark need to do some recon as they put it. Expect mid July again, but could change.
Letting all of you know that couldn't make it this year and hear the announcement Hutmo made tonight.

Looking forward to next year already

***Update*** Here is a quote from Straymutt further down the thread.
OK, boys and girls, I journeyed on up to St. George this past weekend to scout things out, check out hotels, and meet some people that will be key to the success of Shark Week III. All I can say is WOW!! I can't wait to return with Nutter Mutter to start picking out the rides and plan activities.

And I have good news - the schedule and accommodations are set. I will post hotel info separately (clink on link here) so that there will be no cross post confusion, but I will state here that the goal of July 30 through August 1 has been met. Mark your calendars!!

The folks at Zion Harley are on board and fired up to have us already. They have offered to host a barbeque for us the first evening, the 30th, and will give us a discount on purchases. Pretty cool!

I also met with the present and future directors of the Southern Utah HOG chapter (very cool guys, both) and they are REALLY fired up to help us out too. And a bonus, the present director, Jerry, rides a Road Glide, and I mean RIDES! He told me he's got an '11 model and already has 60K + miles on it! If he hasn't already joined up the forum, I'm sure he will. Mark and I plan to get with him several times over the coming year to explore places that we will want to put on our agenda. I gave him a few ideas on places we want to visit, ride lengths we want to offer, and places to stage a group shot. He's got a ton of ideas.

So let's get ready for Shark Week III!! Being there, meeting with the folks, seeing the scenery has got me really pumped. Shark Week - You'll Wish You Were There!

#4 ·
SW III already has a spot on the calendar for 2013. I had a blast (hot furnace blast from the Iowa sun gods not included) and would do it again tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that pulled together to make SWII happen, especially Rob. Thank you to everyone I met at SWII and I'm wishing everyone safe travels home. Fins up!!!

#5 ·
Looks good, lots of mountain riding, nearby parks, colledge town so lots of hotels. Further from me so I get to ride! 32 hours, looks lke a good ride with 2 weeks of fun!

#7 ·
St. George sounds like a perfect destination, Close to Zion and Bryce Canyon NP and great riding.

Count me in from S. Cal

#10 ·
It is hard to get REAL BEER in Utah they only have watered down 3/2 beer :rolleyes: Maybe they would consider moving it to Mesquite NV it is just 30 miles south of St George so we can still get in all that great riding and drink REAL BEER after the ride.

#11 ·
Now I should be able to make that one. Need dates, I know those will come, but now I have plenty of time to prepare this go round.

#12 ·
I'll be planning on that one for sure! Hopefully everything will be set in stone by the first of next year! (That's when I have to turn in my vacation time.)

#18 ·
Saint George is only 1650 miles away from me. Should make for a nice trip. Also a BIG THANKS to everyone who make SWII happen. The wife and I had a great time.

#21 ·

Not exactly West COAST, but no complaints from me. That's only about 650 miles from home and I can run Tioga Pass through Yosemite National Park on the way there. Sounds like a lot of fun. :D

#23 ·
2,315 miles for me. That would be a good trip. Have to wait and see how the economy does between now and then before I make a final decision. Permission from the wife could prove difficult also. Getting ready to depart on a 2-1/2-week trip to Sturgis. Not sure if I can get clearance 2-years in a row. I'll start working on my excuses. ;)

#28 ·
Awesome...less than 24 hours after the announcement and we're already up to three pages of responses!

1271 miles from OPKS...hmm, three average travelin' days to get there Monday afternoon, then the 2013 Epic Adventure can take place afterwards!

I can see it now: Hutmo's US-50 Coast From Coast Gypsy Tour!

#29 ·
My wife & I had a great time at SWll. Looking forward to SWlll. I hope they have an airport close by because I doubt the wife will make that ride but she wouldn't want to miss the fun. I'm looking forward to a longer trip. 3 hours down the interstate is not my idea of a trip.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.