Road Glide banner

Yet another black RGC build

107K views 588 replies 64 participants last post by  RichieRich 
#1 ·
Just bought my first Road Glide a week ago, 170 miles on the odometer and now she's torn apart :D:D yet it will be another blacked out RG but that's what I want. Just trying to highlight the chrome "V" of the motor. It will be done solely in my garage and not some high end shop build, but will be don't 100% correctly by me. Without going on and on here a quick list of what's going on.....

Bike - 2012 Road Glide Custom

Parts ordered:
Black Bassani plus P with 4" B1 mufflers
Wrinkle black big sucker
Power vision - fuel moto mapped
FBI low profile dash
Painted ineer fairing
Boom! Fairing speakers
PM grips and matching pegs (highway and passenger)
Head bolt bridge
Wrinkle black top and side tranny cover
Wrinkle black horn cover
Black wrap license plate mount
Tri light brake light
CD LED Tail lights
Alloy Art front turn signals (black)
Piaa head light bulbs
LEDs to do halo mod
Black handlebar levers
Black KW 8" flare
Sinister pissed off head light bezel

Some of the parts going to get gloss black powder coat tomorrow:
Rear light bar
Crash bar
Invisible fairing supports
Floorboard pans
Passenger peg mounts
Horn mount (wrinkle black)
Starter end cover (wrinkle black)
Bag supports/mounts
Rear brake lever
Rear fender strut covers
Brake pad base

Parts still to deside on so I can order:
Black single rotor front end with hidden axle
Contrast cut 21" front wheel
Contrast cut 18" rear wheel
Front fender - stretched FL style
CVO bags and rear fender
Seat
Mirrors

I'll be making my own handle bars so I can get the look I'm after will getting the comfort that I need, just need to make up my mind on a seat so I can get them started

Won't be as nice a some of the bikes on the forum but it will have my own twist on it to make it mine. The building of a bike (wrenching) is just as much fun and riding for me :)

Just before I left the dealer 5/19/2012.....3 miles on the bike, after my test ride

One week and 170 miles later.....I began to start un bolting a few thing

She's a little furth apart now, but figured I'd come in the house before I got killed

See less See more
#100 · (Edited)
First parts should start arriving the later part of the week for "phase 2" ;)

Will be a much shorter and quicker turn around time this go around as there really won't be "to much" done lol

Subject to change but current plans and parts on order for this are:
-Full stretch TopShop bags, no exhaust cutouts
-Street glide fascia, donor piece to cut up and extend/fill in the exhaust openings on the CVO fascia I have on the bike now
-All parts needed to cut, section and rebuild my exhaust to dump under the bags
-Ceramic coat newly mod'd exhaust inside and out........cooler on the legs
-Few last little odds and ends to powder coat black
-Paint chrome trim rings on all gauges vivid black
-Eliminate windshield screws and paint windshield vivid black
-Gauges will be lit green with white needles and numbers, green radio face
-Swap out blue halos with green
-Section and lower front fender
-Paint all the bolts on the motor covers black....this I'm NOT looking forward too

Possible, but currently undecided on. All will happen at some point when I figure out the details
-Cams
-Stretched tank
-Full blown stereo
-Black out the motor...cam cover, rocker boxes, rocker box covers, push rod tubes
-Rake front end, keeping the 21"....been a geometry nightmare I've been working on with one of the big companies that make triple trees

Other than that I'm not to sure what else I want to do to it. Main function of this bike is a rider and that's what it is. Just want it to look F-ING badass when rolling down the road too, just like we all do

Few more pictures anyone??

#114 ·
GB, GREAT work I liked her with the wrap fender but she looks even sweeter now...... That is going to be a MEAN motha shut yo mouth when you are done with the to do list. I couldn't agree more that I don't want a show bike but I want just a little more than a clean/nice bike that is a RIDER...we will all be staying tuned for the next episode. :D

#106 ·
Feel free to run with it, there a few shapes of different blue that would look kick ass too :rolleyes: blue kandy over the top of turned silver leaf was going to be it, would look great. But I needed to save some cash for other shit lol and the whole bike will be getting painted as some point anyway :eek:

#116 ·
and i thought i had done a lot of mods..... Damn good lookin' scoot Brian.

#118 ·
Brian,
Awesome build. I just spent an hour reading this thread start to finish. Could you save me some time and let me know what seat and dash you are running, so i don't have to search 12 pages...also do you still have the tail light bar or other blacked out takeoff parts for sale?
Thx
Mike

#119 ·
let me know what seat and dash you are running, also do you still have the tail light bar or other blacked out takeoff parts for sale?
Mark, thanks for the kind words! As for the seat, it's a Danny Gray weekday 2up XL and the dash is the FBI piece.......if you have a trusted local painter, or RoadHawg, I'd recommend buying the unpainted version :rolleyes:

All my "modified" takeoff parts have been sold, but things will be changing again soon and typically the forum is the first place I list things for sale........

#121 ·
Lately I've gotten a few PMs asking specifics questions about things I've done, parts used, etc. so I put together a little list of the major components and tried to keep it simple without all the "small parts"........I try and answer all questions and help out if/when I can, if anyone has any other question on parts, just ask, I know they're not all listed in here :eek:

2012 FLRTX
Body-
Vivid Black - custom green pin striping
Sinister pissed off headlight bezel - paint matched
Halo mod with PIAA bulbs
8" knock werks windshield
Hells foundry invisible fairing mounts
Alloy art LED turn signals with smoked lenses
Painted inner fairing
Diamond pleated glove box and bag liners
Boom! Audio system
BadDad stretched front fender
Danny gray 2up weekday XL seat
Rear CVO fender and fascia
Bagger Nation stealth CVO plate frame
41 pieces powder coated gloss black
16 pieces powder coated wrinkle black

Controls-
Black 10" wild ones outlaw apes - WO610B
Black levers
Black ignition switch cover
Black braided lines throughout
Black Arlen Ness micro mirrors
PM floor boards
PM shift lever and peg
PM brake lever
PM highway and passenger pegs
PM grips

Motor-
Black Screamin Eagle heavy breather
Black Screamin Eagle throttle body cover
Black Bassani power curve header and 4" mufflers
Black primary cover and "103" derby cover
Black SE timer cover
Power vision - mapped by fuel moto

Suspension/wheels-
Chrome 21" Wanaryd Slammer 7 with 120 Metzler
Chrome 17" Wanaryd slammer 7 with 200mm Metzler
Chrome 13" Wanaryd Slammer 7 rotor
Chrome HHI 6 piston caliper
Black American suspension front end
Black cow bells
Progressive monotubes - lowered 2"
Arnott air ride

..........and that's the basics......

#126 ·
Thanks for the compliment ;)

As for the exhaust, the fit and finish is very good and it is an easy to install. The mufflers have "lightened" a little in color, compared to the heat shields. But 99% of people don't notice, it's not bad, not grey or anything like that.......just something I notice since I look at it everyday.

When I first installed everything, it sounded very good and not to loud at all, just deep and throaty. After 5K miles or so it has gotten a little louder, as they've "broke in". Sound level wise, around town it's loud enough to be heard clear but on the highway they settle down to a quiet deep tone......can very easily hear the stereo at half volume without and droning etc

#128 ·
Sick!!! Are those Topshop? I'm planning on getting some also..

#132 ·
Looks good.. Do they come needing a lot of prep work?
Q......I've had 3 set now and have personally seen many.....when they comes outta the box, it's just block sand prime and paint :D never had a set of TopShop bags that needed body work

Richie.......its over when the bank says its over :eek: in all seriousness, after the bags fender are done. It will be a tank, and that's about it.......just a few little odds and ends. The bulk should be "done" soon, just can't find a tank I'm in love with yet :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.