Road Glide banner

Redbeard719's CVO Street Glide to CVO Road Glide Custom Conversion

29K views 79 replies 46 participants last post by  markstriumph 
#1 · (Edited)
Update: Oct 27, 2012 - Conversion begins. Pictures are include in posts below.

Well Gang....this project is starting to come together nicely.

First shipment came last week from New Castle HD. Included many of the brackets and mounts, the nacelle sides, and a few other small things. The outer fairing is still on order, and I hope to have it soon.

Today, all but the right directional mount showed up from Lake Shore, and it will be here tomorrow. All the hardware is here, the inner fairing, CVO windshield kit (Windsplitter, I believe), and all the other small pieces.

I have one big trip planned for this weekend on the CVO Street Glide. After I get back, I hope to have the last few pieces. I've got a small project going on wth my 2003 Heritage Springer, which I hope to wrap up soon (waiting for custom-made parts), and after it's ridable, the Street Glide will be taken apart, and the outer fairing will be taken along with all the raw pieces to Gunslingers Custom Paint (they paint many of the CVO bikes for Harley, including the 2012 and 2013 CVO RGC). They shot my Street Glide inner last winter, and it was perfect.

I've got a few good buddies that will be buying some take offs from me to help ease the pain and expenses, but I will be doing their install work as well...

Bars are in the garage and not included with the boxes below...I went with 17" Carlini Evil Apes, chrome. Tomorrow I expect the J&M Rokker XT's to show up. Found them online for over 30% off MSRP.

It's going to be a while before I have some serious updates, but I'm too excited about all this to keep it to myself!

Until next time...

See less See more
#66 ·
Not including paint, if you go with all new parts and the LED headlights, you are looking at about $2000-2500. I also added extras, like Carlini Bars (already had Yaffe bars for the batwing - couldn't reuse them) and the Klockwerks fender.

Just read the entire thread...hardvwork paid off!!!
My 2cents: black bezel looks great.
Thanks! The black bezel was unexpected, but I agree, it looks great - ties in really well with the contrast cut Agitators and the dark tinted shield.

#72 ·
Thanks again guys. I've got about 400 miles on it now as a RGC, and it's the best change I've ever done to the bike. There is really no ride like a Glide.

ONG, thanks! I'm hopeful to make it to SWIII, especially since it's not far from me this year. I'll know better as the time approaches how my schedule is looking.

what rear fender is that? is that something that can be added to a 09 RG?
great looking bike, I am envious

Plat - the rear fender is a CVO rear fender, which was stock on that bike. HD sells a kit in primer that can be installed on the 09+ bikes. Not sure if the US version can be bought up north. The Canadian version has another brake light in the center of the fender.

Also, that's an aftermarket plate mount, from Paul Yaffe/Bagger Nation.

#73 ·
Very Good L-OO-Kn motorcycle!
I've always Loved this paint scheme, from the H.D. Headquaters, Pinstriping is the shit, and I think its a down rite shame ya didnt get more votes than what ya did in the BOTM competetion.
Love ur bike man!
Very C-OO-L!!!

#76 ·
Nice ride man...You'll definitely have a unique bike, Nobody else will have the same set-up.(if they do, you'll know where they hijacked the idea) This is one the reasons why we all ride Harleys!

#77 ·
Great job, Redbeard719! I believe my username gives me access that sweet ride when I'm in town, right?:cool:
See folks, don't panic about HD dropping our beloved Road Glide from the lineup! We can fix the Street Glides so they reach their full potential!

#78 ·
One good looking bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.