Road Glide banner

Sinister Industries or Sinfull Industries

18K views 83 replies 54 participants last post by  Skid1 
#1 ·
This is only one guys opinion, but I think John Shoppe's Sinister Industries is just crap to deal with. Back a couple months ago I emailed that I was about to order their Hot Rod bars but had a couple of questions. I asked if the black finish was in stock, and if they would accomodate Heat Demons grip warmers, or if they'd have to be bored? The total reply was, "Yes". So I wrote back and asked if the "yes" meant they'd accomodate the heaters or if they'd need to be bored? This time the response was, "Not sure".

I called them the next day and ordered the bars after they confirmed they were in stock in black. They said they'd ship in 7 days. Twenty three days later, no bars. I called them yesterday and was told they'd ship within 7 days. When I reminded him that I'd already waited 3.5 weeks his response was "that's the best we can do". No, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience", not even an attempt at an excuse for why they haven't shipped, nothing. The attitude was like 'take it or leave it'. If there was any close alternative for those bars that would have ended the deal right there.

If you buy anything from these folks go into the transaction with your eyes wide open, knowing that they obviously don't give a crap about you as a customer. :mad:

#2 ·
Thats what happens whe they think they have the custom bagger industry by the juevos. They can be rude and you will still buy thier product because you want it. Truth is, im not sure they have anything that cant be had somewhere else. Even the bars you want, BR will build a set for you that will look and perform the same. That is a frustrating story. That sux. I am waiting for new parts as well and they are right on time. It still kills to have to wait. i cant imagine being told after a month, that the wait has just started.

#3 ·
Sucks that you've been misled. Unfortunately it's very common in business today, and I honestly hope it's the downfall to companies who do business in this fashion. Odd as it may sound, I keep a list of vendors such as these and I stay away from them. Hope it works out and you get your bars soon.

#12 ·
This bike is horribly done all the way around, no attention to details and its like the photographer pointed out the falws. The P'ed off ligth bezel the side panels that are an inch longer than the bags, the paint over spray on the inside of the fender. Maybe I am just over critical, but to me its the small attention to details that really make a great looking bike not so much the paint and parts themselves.

I bought the bars from them last year and they were quick and very nice on the phone. But since then I have emailed and called them about other parts and have gotten that same "take it or leave it attitude". Its like once they started having all these bikes show up in the mags it has went straight to their head or A$$ which ever way you want to look at it.
Sorry to hear about the bars. I would call them up cancel them and then call BR bars, I think the guys name is Michael and he is super cool to deal with.

#5 ·
This is only one guys opinion, but I think John Shoppe's Sinister Industries is just crap to deal with. Back a couple months ago I emailed that I was about to order their Hot Rod bars but had a couple of questions.
I called them the next day and ordered the bars after they confirmed they were in stock in black. They said they'd ship in 7 days. Twenty three days later, no bars. I called them yesterday and was told they'd ship within 7 days. When I reminded him that I'd already waited 3.5 weeks his response was "that's the best we can do". If you buy anything from these folks go into the transaction with your eyes wide open, knowing that they obviously don't give a crap about you as a customer. :mad:

That really bites. Sorry to hear that same old story about these guys. It just shows all they care about is getting your money and not customer service. I have spent the last couple months trying to decide if I was going to order any of their parts. Really like the glove box doors and headlight bezel. This post pretty much wraps it up for me. I am going to probably order from yaffe instead. Thanks for sharing your experince, hope it all works out before riding sesaon is over for you.

#7 ·
Didn't know that but maybe this is a dumb question, Why the hell is thier stuff in China?? I looked at sinister but heard this story over and over again. Sorry your going through it. That is also the reason I dind't order Yaffe's monkey bars. I think they look awesome but refuse to wait over a month(at best) for bars.

#8 ·
Your story sucks but is all too common. I have been treated by many companies like this and I REFUSE to do business with them even if I had to pay more elsewhere. I am sure my solo embargo doesn't really hurt them but if more people did it may wake up some of these companies. AT&T is at the top of my list by the way.

ON THE FLIP SIDE:
unsolicited praise:
I purchased a windshield from CEE-BAILEY last fall. There was a snafu in the shipping or order entry placement or something we never really figured out.

I called them about the problem and they not only FIXED IT they went out of their way to hold and schedule the shippment for just over 2 weeks as I was going out of town and didn't want it sittlng on my doorstep for 2 weeks. The day after I returned it was on my doorstep just as promised. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE and PRODUCT.

#9 ·
I've heard the same thing. I fortunately had a good experience with them. I ordered bags, side panels, horn cover, gauge bezel, lights and liscence plate frame, and everything shipped the next day. except bags, they were on backorder at the time. Camtech Customs and a local shop here in South Carolina and they make all there own parts in there shop. Customer service is great and they can make you just about anything your looking for.

#45 ·
I'm originally from Charleston SC.. I agree.. CamTech is so easy to deal with..

#10 ·
I've heard nothing but BAD BAD BAD reports on Sinister's - attitude, product quality , and customer service... maybe if everyone stopped buying their crap , they'd wake up ....If you call them and say something like "my new headlight bezel doesnt fit " the answer you get is "well make it fit" right before they hang up on you ....

#13 ·
Sorry to hear about the bad CS. I have heard similar stories like the others, plus poor quality which is why I wont buy from them. There too many other bagger parts places out there than to take a chance on having a bad experience w/ these guys.

#15 ·
That really sucks. I think you're doing exactly the right thing by calling them out here.

With the popularity of internet forums, businesses and their reputations are much more public than they used to be. Good businesses will get props on these forums and bad ones get called out. In my opinion, that's exactly how it should be. Customer service can bring you business or it can drive it away.

Personally, I take close note of these types of posts. When a guy has posted a clearly laid out grievance with detailed information like this one, it makes me take notice. I'm glad for the heads up so I can avoid doing business with them.

#18 ·
John is a POS that thinks he is God. I have had nothing but issues with his products and customer service. Buddy of mine called him up at the shop and asked about his floor boards (good chunk of change), after they were done talking about it and my friend said he was going to buy them, John told him to have a nice day and order them online. My buddy told him to fuck off and he isn't getting a dime. The below link is a little bit of John and I bickering about his service. Check out his billy bad ass responses. Pure trash!!! I stopped when he said I should have gotten a professional builder to build it then. Some on here have already seen my bike and knows it has been professionally built by a top builder. I stopped firing back because I didn't want John to call up my builder talking shit like he always does. John has great ideas and skills, but he's lazy and cheap ass/takes short cuts.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!...13915361.97427.188275791182842&type=1&theater

#22 ·
I went to sinister and pick out my parts. Shaun was a strait up guy! Jon was pretty cool. I spoke with him for a bit but they were getting ready for Barrett Jackson with the SS bike. But i have herd stories about him, to me it seems like he has alot of irons in the fire. Hes making one-off parts for lambos, is part owner in AZs biggest hydroponic stores and is still putting out some kickass bikes, from what it looked like hes still the one mostly building them. I did end up dropping 5k that day but to each his own.:D

#24 ·
I'm in retail and I'll bust my azz for you to you spend 5K. I'll even send my assistant to Starbucks and get you one of those fancy coffee drinks and a muffin. I'm not judging but I wonder if you would have gotten the same great attitude if you spent $65.00. Bottom line; everyone is cool sometimes, even an a-hole. The way I judge a business is how they treat me when there's a problem and by the feedback I get from other customers. Just my .02 cents.

#23 ·
Thanks for taking this just simply for what it is - my exact experience to serve as a cautionary warning to others on here. I'll wait another couple weeks, but after that I'll cancel the order and do something else. The only reason I haven't so far is that I really like those bars, but I'm unlikely to ever make another purchase from them. Seems like all those mag covers have really gone to his head. It as much about the piss poor attitude as the late delivery. Jessie James revisited!

Word of mouth is the best advertising a company can get, but when you fail customers with your arrogant attitude it will/should also be word of mouth that works to your disadvantage. With the market and the economy being what it is today, any business owner should be busting their ass not only to get your business but also to earn your repeat business.

By comparison, one of the other parts holding up my build is the Klock Werks 21" fender mounting blocks . I called them on Friday and asked when they were going to be available. (I ordered thru PC Pain /Jon). He took the info an dthen asked if it was OK to put me on hold while I got more information. Came back one minute later and said they had a bunch of them that was just going to the chromers. He again asked to put me on hold while he found out when they'd get them back from platers to ship. Less than a minute later he told me that unfortunately it would be about 2 weeks and apologized that they were out of stock, etc. etc. I thanked him very much for taking the time to get some factual information and for his concern. This is the type of business I'll keep doing business with until they prove that they don't deserve my money.

#25 ·
Its sad his customer service licks balls, I got his ppo bags and fiberglass fender and i am really pleased with the quality and fit. I also have his pissed off bezel. Its made well but the gaps near the lights suck! I think will some more R@D it would be perfect. It should say in his advertising some fit and finish required other than that he does have some cool shit. Dont all bikers have bad attitudes? LOL

#26 ·
As long as the money is pouring in why woud he change ? I'd cancel my order .

Just remember your not stuck with store bought bars. If you want, you can turn any bar onto FBW bars , just make sure the knurles line up.

There's a few videos on youtube on the proceedure.

#29 ·
I have a few of Johns parts and while I'm not crazy about some of the fitment they are nice overall and they're American made. His bags are hard to beat for quality... On a side note, he is a complete ass and thinks he rules the bagger world. I've met him a few times and honestly can't stand to be around him.

On a side note.. BR was slow as hell too. Took 3 months to get my bars.

#31 ·
I've bought from Sinister & BR Bars , Sinister was over price , poor quality , bad attitude and slow , BR was great quality , priced in line with others , great attitude and follow up but slow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.