Road Glide banner

Wobble video

23K views 46 replies 40 participants last post by  flyinlow007 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 RoadGlide Wobble video

I shot this to show those fortunate enough to not have this issue what it looks like, and for those who do to have visual proof that they are not alone. I'll be making the adjustments to correct this in the coming days.
http://youtu.be/SSDihPynsBg

#34 ·
This has been an issue posted when this Forum first started. The dealer will say no all day long due to cost of everything from fall away adjustments to replacing a V up tire to a V down and Back to another V up. Key is call HD headquarters get a work order number give it to the dealership and don't stop until its fixed. Check your ride out before your warrantee expires! do not change anything on your bike prior to checking for this issue or you will be told to pound sand. Sad to say this is not something checked prior to you taking possession of your bike. (they uncrated a bike wiped it off and I pointed out to a dude to remove plastic off pipe before he started it. this was at another dealership i stopped at one day. So how would they know?

#37 ·
My 2011 does the same thing...scared the CRAP outta me the third day I owned it when I was adjusting my gloves while coasting through 40 mph to a stop. Dealer said they "couldn't reproduce the problem"...just like they can't reproduce the high intensity vibration that is actually AUDIBLE in the front end as soon as I head into a corner.

I have a local independent shop telling me that's most likely the wheel bearings for the "humming" vibration and the head bolt for the wobble. I'm taking it in for a new rear tire this week and he's gonna check everything else out in the process.

#40 ·
I don't know how old this video is but I have the same problem it happens at lower speeds like when im coming up to a stop light and stuff. I have a 2012 why does it do it?
I have an 08 and it has done it consistently since day one.........besides the other issues I have had,(4 pages of them) I should have gotten the Electra-Glide instead......anyway no matter what anyone has done to this bike, it still has the wobble, especially between 25-35 mph......no matter what the RPM is, I would imagine every r/g with this issue has a different speed as to where it starts, but it still could prove deadly. 3 Dealers have tried to remedy it, and mostly I was told it to be the tires........well, I have 2 brand new tires on it as of yesterday, Metzlers, and it still continues. I am afraid this will be my 1st and Last Road Glide, or even Harley for that matter, that I will own, And I have had DOZENS, since I have been riding them since the mid 60's. I still think its a frame/bearing or fork stem issue, but again, Harley will not would not return any calls, and the dealer mechanics are mostly dumbasses, hence I do mostly my own wrenching now. Good Luck!!!!!!!

#47 ·
Have had this on multiple bikes I've owned (Japanese, Italian), same issues with all of them. Worn out or cupped front tires will do this, head bearings out of adjustment will do this.
Its not a problem unique to HD, all bikes have this potential issue.

My Yamaha FJR was terrible on the stock tires until I changed them out to Pirelli Angel GT's, no more problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.