Road Glide banner

Installing SE Hurricane heads on 131 inch

24K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Deweys 
#1 · (Edited)
We did not build this motor just adding to it.

Here some pics of a set of SE Hurricane heads we sent out for diamond cutting this motor is a 131..
with
S&S Cases and crank weld true bal... etc.,
Rev Pef 131 cylinder and pistons
Feuling cam plate oil pump..
It had HPI thorrtle body now it will get SE 62.. four bolt.
Here are some pics these are nice heads We cleaned them up a little but not much..
The bike was running Ultima heads they were re done by onther shop so we will remove them an install these and then dyno tune in house to see nd result. With just heads and throttle body and new exhaust Draugla we are taking off the Boarzilla on it.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
If I had to guess maybe 15/18hp. This something the customer wanted. We are just doing it for him. He saw some where that some one else did this and gained 18hp just by switching heads to the SE hurricane. Hes a good csutomer and we are up grading a Built 110 with a Trask turbo for him. He got these heads for nothing. So why not try it.... in his words...
I dont have his dyno sheet in front of me but I think it was making 148HP already. Not 100% sure I cant remember. I will post before and after when this is all done.

Venture to guess what #'s it will make?

#12 ·
It did not any better he lost 4 horse power. The Hurricane SE heads exhaust port is bad in my OP. I will address this issue over the winter. I will take heads off and fix the exhaust side and touch intake a tade than we will re try this setup
And we in stall Dragula fang pipe.

#14 · (Edited)
Scott,
Please read all posts before you.....comment
So please dont try to make me look like dumb as###. This was not are build we were asked to switch heads throttle body thats it. The shop that did the build told him to do this. They told him he would gain more HP (not us) from there experience. We did the work because we were re-working his 110" Trask turbo bike.
So please dont play me like that. That you have never just bolted on something for a customer that said he I wants this on no matter what you say..... Then he says (I was told it would make more power.)
And then it turns out it did not. We've all been there before from other builds. ;)

#17 · (Edited)
Only refering to the exhaust side, as my post indicated, which that head does not produce.
No google searching here, as live testing tells us what we need to know.
We've had a Superflow flow bench here for over 16 years.
It is used on a daily basis, and some days, several times a day.
Only factual findings from that very accurate, calibrated, piece of test equipment.............which saves us, and our clients, from experimentation and hearsay.

G
#19 ·
Scott could you post some of your flowbench numbers so we can see how well they flow.You often talk of well your varioius engine combos perform but not one dynosheet or flowbench numbers posted.I would think after 25yrs.in business you would have something you could show us.

#21 · (Edited)
You're sure right about one thing... "other things are more important here today than to entertain you".

FWIW, my observation:

I believe that doing what the customer say's he expects you to do is the primary objective for some businesses (reference post #4). How about you?

#27 ·
So lets get back to what this thread is about.... So, in the stock form, are the Hurricane Heads up to the task? I, as others like real world experience and invite opinions, not useless bad mouthing. Frank, correct me if I am wrong but from what I have read about these heads, they really only work with displacements above 117"?

#29 ·
So, in the stock form, are the Hurricane Heads up to the task?

I would say hell no
I get the CVO to flow 347 with 247 average with standard port flanges and hardware. The exhaust side works decent too and the ports and valve sizes are not nearly as big. This is done with standard seating angles and widths. If I had a lot of time to mess around I could bring the Hurricane around but at that point the customer might have the cost of a b-2 in it and how cost effective is that? I like the CVO 110 head that at least has some meat left on the bone to work with. I also like the S&S Super Stock head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.