Road Glide banner

Texas Meet and Greet, April 2013 UPDATE

14K views 93 replies 19 participants last post by  Andyman 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got off the horn with the folks at Koyote Ranch in Medina, Texas. I've set up a scheduled "event" for Thursday- Sat nights, 4,5,6 April, 2013.

Currently they have 31 "kabins" (they spell everything with a K) available for that weekend and lots of "kamp" and RV spots.

Here's the deal on getting an event booked. If 10-19 reservations are made, each res will get a 10% discount at the time you check in and pay the balance. If 20 or more are made, each res will be 20% off.

Also, if 10-19 res's are made, we get the Party Barn to ourselves for $175 (half off) for a half day. If 20 or more, it's free for a whole day ($600.00 reg price). I've notified them that we want it on Saturday evening.

I was thinking that Saturday night would be a good chance to throw down A serious dinner. At some point we'll need to ride 20 miles up to Kerrville and empty the beef section at H.E.B.

Unless the Party Barn is reserved for a given day, anyone can use it- so we may be able to take it with no payment anyway, but we'd have to share it with anyone else that may stumble in. But they DO have grills and tables and everything else needed for a group to gather.

Below is a link to Koyote Ranch. When you call tell them you're booking for the "Shark Week 2.5". Administrators, if there's a problem with that name please let me know and I'll have it changed. I had to come up with a name and I just blurted that out.

http://www.koyoteranch.com/

They are NOT holding reservations for us. Naturally the later you book, the fewer the choices. I for one, will be in a tent.

I've already got a Saturday ride in mind, a nice little 200-ish miler up to Kerrville then past Hunt along the Guadalupe River and above it's headwaters. Then down to Vanderpool where there's a cool (no K here!) motorcycle museum. Vanderpool intersects RR337 and the beginning of the 3 Sisters, a 140 mile run.

Please PM me when/ if you book there so that I can keep a headcount without calling Koyote all the time.

edited to add: Y'all don't have to be from Texas to come. The more the merrier!
GiddYUP!

See less See more
#72 ·
Yep. The slowest I've seen are the trike guys totting their trailers on those roads. It'll be a good time anyways. Is anyone else going to be rv camping?

#73 ·
The slowest I have ever seen was a couple of months back when there was a bicycle race going on. Those guys were spread all up and down 337 and wobbling/swerving all over the place going up the hills (at 1-2 mph maybe). With the on-coming traffic and corners, it was interesting I must say.

#75 ·
I would love to meet up with ya'll there! I would have to pull some strings to see if I could make it. It would be a good ride coming from the "Shoe" (Muleshoe that is!)

#77 ·
I've got to look into finding a place also!

#82 ·
I definitely want to do this one !,,,!

#87 ·
Well I can't make it! Got too much going on that weekend! Maybe some other time. :(

#89 ·
I've got my family vacation planned then. Won't be able to do that either.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.