Road Glide banner

H /D Heated grips

5K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Bull_Duck 
#1 ·
Who has em on...who likes em and have they held up for you ?

#2 ·
Heated gloves are better then the heated grips IMO. Heated grips heat the palms of your hand but heated gloves heat the back of your hand where the cold wind actually hit your hand.

#3 ·
I just picked up a set. Got the same ones that come on the batwing ultra limited stock. That leads me to believe that they are going to last awhile. My brother has them & loves'em. Will be installing them in two weeks.

#4 ·
I put the Rubber and Chrome heated grips on when I put the Heritage +2 bar on. So far, I like them. They have been on twice and worked well. I did buy new gloves after the first use. Lee Parks Design DeerSports with Outlast. They were designed for heated grips and work great. With the new gloves, I can't turn them up past 2 (out of 6) or my hands get way to hot at 40 degrees and 70 mph+ on the highway. I can't attest to how well they will hold up though, since they've only been on for about 6 weeks. They will get used a lot this winter though.

#5 ·
Had my first set on an 06 Street Glide, installed them on an 08 Ultra, and now have them on my 09 Road Glide. I have had good luck with them on all 3 bike. I have found for me that they help even during the summer on those long rides when the hands get a little tired.

#6 ·
I went with Symtec Heat Demon bar end heaters. About $110 on eBay, pretty easy to install and work with throttle by wire. The best part is you can run whatever grips you like

#7 ·
My wife has had 2 sets on her Super Glide,the first set went bad and the the local dealership replaced at no charge.The second set went bad at the end of last winter,this time the dealership basically said you SOL. I sure as hell will not buy another set of Harley heated grips again.The gloves work well but are to bulky,but at least the Harley gloves have a lifetime replacement warranty.

#8 ·
Went with the Gerbing heated glove liner. It can be used by itself if a thin glove is desired, with a glove shell, or regular glove. Important to have the thermostat controller 'cause they with merely the onn-off switch will get too hot.

The other Gerbing heated gear can be added. I have the vest as well. Cold weather is just another opportunity to ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.