Road Glide banner

2012 RG CVO seat

21K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  pontoonman 
#1 ·
Anyone have a part # for the 2012 CVO seat? Anyone sat on one? The pic looks great but wonder about it in the flesh.

#2 ·
I sat on one b/c i work at the dealer ship....I just ordered my seat the other day..the i got the one with the gray stitching....its an amazing seat...luv the fact it comes a solo and also i did order the passenger...

But, the rider seat is on back order but the passenger seat is not....I will have the part number for you later on today...

Like I said....2012CVO seat is an amazing seat to have......

#3 ·
Great thanks. I just ordered a Sundowner, SG stitching but if this is priced reasonable, I'll have the dealer switch up. I have all winter to wait so being on back-order isn't an issue for me. Riding season is just about over up here.
Do you know if the HD removable/adjustable rider backrest fit these seats?

#6 ·
okay, while i was at the hd shop picking up a new kickstand spring, i figured i would get the part numbers for the seats and pillions. the dealer did not have a cvo roadglide in stock, so i have yet to see the seat in person, but here's the numbers:

52000042 black/grey seat
52400024 black/grey pillion

52000043 brown/gold seat
52400025 brown/gold pillion

52000056 black/gold seat
52400038 black/gold pillion

in looking at the seat in the parts manual, and the sales brochure, i thought it might be the same as the 'new' solo touring seat they sell, but that has a part number of 52000057. that seat i have seen and it is flimsy! the seat weighs about 12 ozs, is very flexible, and the foam is very soft and will probably be burning after about an hour. i did think it looked good though....

it would be great if someone could actually test out one of these seats and let the rest of us know what's up....

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting the part #'s. I dropped by my dealer today and they had a blue/black bike in stock. The seat looks good....sorta like a Corbin....but don't think much of the comfort, not for me. It felt like a short ride, not a long ride seat. Always hard to tell by a 5 minute sit down though.
For sure the HD adjustable rider backrest doesn't fit, so that rules me out anyway, and $766 cdn up here for both......$460 for the pillion and $306 for the solo.

#8 ·
what? $460 for the pillion? thats damned highway robbery! i've never seen a pillion that was more expensive than the seat that it goes with. course, can't say that i've looked all that hard either.

#10 ·
The seat is nice, at least I can say it works good for me. 3000 miles so far on my '12 CVO RG, and I am happy with it. Previous experience was on a Corbin for 45,000 miles, and this seat comes pretty close. No backrest though, not happening with this seat, I do miss that.

#20 ·
well, thats definitely a part number from the cvo book (see my post way up, has all the part numbers for the different colors and pillions).

i really would like to compare the stock cvo seat, with that p&a seat, side by side, off the bike. when i looked at the p&a one at the dealership, it was very light, and flimsy. however, when i test rode the cvo, the seat felt good.

so my next question is, does anyone have a good source for parts/price lookup? i used to use the zanotti's website as a gauge for a decent price, but can't do that anymore. ronnies parts finder microfiche is decent, but doesn't have all, and no 2012s.

#24 · (Edited)
i think the price is okay, if the seat is what you're looking for. corbins typically go for a little more used because of the higher demand for them, at least for the newer bikes. i just sold my old corbin from my 07 for $200 shipped to canada. yeah, i'm sure i took a loss because not a lot of folks are looking for seats for bikes that 'old' anymore.

i'm kinda pissed at corbin. my old seat looked great. these new seats, not so much. too much stitchin and quiltin for my taste. i prefer the smooth look, kinda like the hollywood solo, only without the decorative stitching. i would have to be able to try out one of the newer corbins before i totally make up my mind to hate them, but just for comparison sakes, my danny gray speed cradle, in leather, i got new for $225, and the wifes danny gray bigseat with backrest mount was $325.

but will always wish that i could have gotten a corbin solo, like my old one, that fit the newer frame......

#26 ·
Never mind, I found it!

Looks good, how comfortable is it long distance? I like the look, but I want to make sure I have a seat that I can just leave on, other than when I have a passenger, and I know that the Corbin is a great touring seat.

I know, I want it all! lol

#27 ·
to be totally honest, if i had to do it over, i would get the big seat instead of the speed cradle. the speed cradle does push you forward a little bit, which is good for my short ass, but (i notice this more in the summertime) it tends to squeeze the jewels a little bit. the big seat doesn't scoop up as much in the front, and has a little wider seating surface which translates to more comfort.

#29 ·
I like mine and so far it has been great. I do miss the backrest... but found the stock seat good for long trips.

I will do memory foam down the line, but works great for now.

#30 ·
Thanks! I prefer the looks of that CVO seat, there is a black/white one at my dealer, and I just think that would great on my yellow! I am considering the seat with the gold stitching.

I already have the "pads" that go behind it, but I think they'll look good with the Corbin also.

I'll make up my mind by the time I get home from the bike show Friday. If I don't find something else there that blows me away, it's gonna be the Corbin or that seat. Seems both will be good. Like you said, I could always send it to MCC!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.