• No

Votes: 66 32.8%

Shark Week II July 17th thru 19th 2012 Comfort Inn, LeClaire, IA

101K views 622 replies 135 participants last post by  Auburn983 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
July 17th thru 19th 2012
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
902 Mississippi View Court, Le Claire, IA, US, 52753

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-le_...=1&nchild=0&city_code=VQV&sstate_country=IAUS

Phone: (563) 289-4747
Fax: (563) 289-5535

Ask for Ed (SHE's the GM) or Diane

89.00 for a Standard Room
99.00 for a Business Room
119.00 for Whilpool Bathtub room. (great after a day of riding.)

I have reserved 30 of the 54 rooms, but we add more rooms, hopefully the rest, when we have those commited, so if you plan on attending, get your reservations soon, please.

FYI: I plan on doing a Ride to JP Cycles Tuesday Morning, and head to Poopies for dinner that night. Again, tenative, as I have not talked to either one.

These prices are not good with any other offer, and are good if you want to come in a day or so early, or stay an extra day. There is a River View on one side of the hotel, the other side will over look the parking lot with your bike in it. Tentatively this will also give you a view of the tent/picnic tables.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-le_...sstate=&type=&sradius=&sstate_country=&scity=

See less See more
#3 ·
I added a poll for you. I left it simple, yes or no, so people can say when they know for sure. A maybe would just clutter things up.

I for one, am planning on making it. I have set aside those days, and as of right now will be attending shark week 2012.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the Poll Chansaw. I know this is early, and the cutoff for the rooms is far off. Just wanted people to be able to schedule their vacation and budget the rooms, before the last minute. Dates are established, Rooms are established, The rest is riding RG's with each other. That's Simple.

#4 ·
I've got the week pencil'd in on my calander, and I would love to be able to say "yes I will be there, I'll take a room", but we're 335 days ahead of the game here, which I think this is probably a bit early for myself and others to be able to make that commitment.

I do appreciate the work that's being put forth so far and I will be watching and offering any support I can give.

#8 ·
i live about 45 miles from leclair,so i think i will sleep in my own bed

I'm just barely 100mi out, but I suspect that a large portion of the more "interesting" happenings go on after most normal people are in bed, or at least after dark. I don't much care for riding alone after dark through the Iowa DNR's wildlife refuge, so if I'm coming I'll be staying close by.

#13 ·
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
902 Mississippi View Court, Le Claire, IA, US, 52753

Phone: (563) 289-4747
Fax: (563) 289-5535

Ask for Ed (SHE's the GM) or Diane

89.00 for a Standard Room
99.00 for a Business Room
119.00 for Whilpool Bathtub room. (great after a day of riding.)

I have reserved 30 of the 54 rooms, but we add more rooms, hopefully the rest, when we have those commited, so if you plan on attending, get your reservations soon, please.

FYI: I plan on doing a Ride to JP Cycles Tuesday Morning, and head to Poopies for dinner that night. Again, tenative, as I have not talked to either one.

These prices are not good with any other offer, and are good if you want to come in a day or so early, or stay an extra day. There is a River View on one side of the hotel, the other side will over look the parking lot with your bike in it. Tentatively this will also give you a view of the tent/picnic tables.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-le_...sstate=&type=&sradius=&sstate_country=&scity=
Is there a code or something that will allow us to make reservations on line with those rates. They don't show up in the web site.

#18 ·
Its a small world, Shark week makes it smaller!!

So I am riding from Port Byron, IL, to Mineral Wells, WV to get my wife and ride home with her. A simple 600 miles, but better if you have someone to ride with. About 30 miles before Columbus OH, I look in my rear view, and I see another RG. I slow down and wait, cause Black Bikes are fast, and along side comes Mark from WI. The guy at shark week on the Merlot Sunglow RGU. I looked at him and said Roadeglide.org, and we both started laughing.

Small world.

#21 ·
So I am riding from Port Byron, IL, to Mineral Wells, WV to get my wife and ride home with her. A simple 600 miles, but better if you have someone to ride with. About 30 miles before Columbus OH, I look in my rear view, and I see another RG. I slow down and wait, cause Black Bikes are fast, and along side comes Mark from WI. The guy at shark week on the Merlot Sunglow RGU. I looked at him and said Roadeglide.org, and we both started laughing.

Small world.
That's cool. Mark is a good road captain. You might want to utilize his group riding knowledge on next years trips. He is going to cost me some coin this year. I have digital gauge envy because of him :D.

I'm one of the no votes unfortunately for 2012. Sturgis takes priority for me. Have fun!

#20 ·
Just made my reservations - As Tracy said earlier you do have to call and I did confuse the young lady that took them and she was going to have Ed or Diane call me back on Monday -- She called me about 10 minutes later saying she had it figured out and proceded with the reservation. I am in -- I believe the young ladies name was Cory (sp) - just got the e-mail confirmation. See ya all next summer.

#22 ·
Talk about getting the lady confused. When I booked into SWI Gettysbirg, I told the lady I needed the best rate she had.....and oh ya, I'll be expecting some company from Roadglide.org.

Next thing I know, the whole weekend we had (Cyclops and I) a personal maid service...and free, cold beer...and....room service with free bar fridge...and....lol

#26 ·
Ok,

Have pencilled this onto the calendar for July 2012. Am really hoping some other western Canucks and US midwest and west coasters make the trip. My significant other is worried about me making the trip solo. She doesn't ride but encourages me to do so for fun and stress relief, but worries about the long trips.

Google mapped the routes, Calgary Alberta to Davenport Iowa, varies from 2600km(1600mi) to 2800km one way, depending on the route chosen.

I'm really looking forward to this trip, the midweek dates are what really makes this possible for me!

#29 ·
The submarine force made all the TMs into MMs - LOL not sure which one was more pissed off the TMs or the A gangers.

Good friend of mine was a GMCS in the gator navy - met him at the CPO club in at NAS Norfolk - place used to really hop - called it the body exchange.

I retired in 1986 in Norfolk. Still working for the canoe club as an engineering tech at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.

It would seem that your are correct about the goat locker - see some other folks user names that suggest military background -- Looking forward to meeting all of you next summer.

#44 ·
I have to wait until January to post vacation schedule, but I'm going to put in for the date, since it's after the 4th and not at the begining or end of summer, there shouldn't be a problem.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.