• No

Votes: 66 32.8%

Shark Week II July 17th thru 19th 2012 Comfort Inn, LeClaire, IA

101K views 622 replies 135 participants last post by  Auburn983 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
July 17th thru 19th 2012
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
902 Mississippi View Court, Le Claire, IA, US, 52753

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-le_...=1&nchild=0&city_code=VQV&sstate_country=IAUS

Phone: (563) 289-4747
Fax: (563) 289-5535

Ask for Ed (SHE's the GM) or Diane

89.00 for a Standard Room
99.00 for a Business Room
119.00 for Whilpool Bathtub room. (great after a day of riding.)

I have reserved 30 of the 54 rooms, but we add more rooms, hopefully the rest, when we have those commited, so if you plan on attending, get your reservations soon, please.

FYI: I plan on doing a Ride to JP Cycles Tuesday Morning, and head to Poopies for dinner that night. Again, tenative, as I have not talked to either one.

These prices are not good with any other offer, and are good if you want to come in a day or so early, or stay an extra day. There is a River View on one side of the hotel, the other side will over look the parking lot with your bike in it. Tentatively this will also give you a view of the tent/picnic tables.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-le_...sstate=&type=&sradius=&sstate_country=&scity=

See less See more
#421 ·
Room available

I'l be sharing a room with another member so I just canceled my reservation.
Comfort Inn, July 16-20.
1 King Bed, Suite,
Also Included: Sofabed-2Person, Desk, Computer Hookup, Recliner, Refrigerator, Microwave. $99 per night.

If anyone can use it , give them a call.
SWII is just around the corner :).
See you all then...........

#422 ·
Plotted a route to Shark Week. Thought I'd save it here. I cannot find where they moved the save button on Google Maps, but they do provide a link that seems to do the same thing.

This is a route from St. Charles Harley Davidson in St. Charles, MO to the Hotel. Google says 5 hrs 38 minutes. That should be doable in a day, even with some time to goof off.

This is a link to my map.

Anybody ever tried the embedded map feature from Google in a posting?

I have not seen what the Gypsy Tour route will be yet, but they are staying in downtown St. Louis, which is about 30 miles in the opposite direction from where I live.

This route goes up MO-79 to Hannibal. That is a nice ride. From there it follows US-61 pretty much all the way to Le Claire. I have never ridden past the the US-24 cut off to Quincy, so I am not sure what it looks like past there. Hannibal to US-24 is not much more than a 4 lane super-slab. If someone knows a scenic route thru Illinois between Hannibal/Quincy and Le Claire, let me know, I try to check it out some weekend.

#424 ·
Is there a way to change my vote. Have to change my vote to no.

Hate to miss meeting some new folks when this is pretty much in my backyard, but we've had to move our bike vacation to this week. Wife and another couple will be riding northern Wisconsin, Michigan UP and Minnesota Arrowhead the week of the Shark Attack.

#425 ·
Your going to be riding in some great country! If your Wisconsin route takes you semi-near near Tomahawk, check out the HD factory tours (call ahead to see what tour hours are). And if you need any parts/service while in that area, check out an indy shop called Lincoln County Cycles, its approx 1 mile from the main factory site...best shop in the northwoods! Tell Mike (the owner) that Dan sent ya.

#429 ·
I was just wondering what days of SWII would be the best to attend. I am hoping that I can talk the ol lady into attending SWII but if so I don't know that I would be able to make it for all three days so just wondering if you guys could let me know when the best time to show would be. (I understand that it would be best to attend the whole thing. I would like to for sure but don't think that will happen.)

#430 ·
I was just wondering what days of SWII would be the best to attend.
Depends on what you like. There are dinners and conversations in the evenings and rides during the days.

Each day is unique and fun. If you skip 2 days you'll miss 2/3 of the fun. Maybe next year you won't have so much convincing to do. Or you will attend by yourself. If you don't ride a Road Glide, it is hard to "get it". My wife rides a Sportster and sends me to Shark Week with her enthiastic blessing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

#432 ·
I'm actually thrilled that we are fully booking the locations! There are however plenty of options nearby.
Last year at SWI I had decided to stay out at a B&B 2 miles out from the base hotel. It was just fine and I did not miss out on anything. Simply required that I behaved my Drink intake when we headed back to base for a few cold ones after the day's ride as I had to ride us safely back to the B&B.

#435 ·
I was sucked into that story PGR...that's funny!

#437 ·
I just, today, looked at the dates and location for this SW II.
I will be leaving on my vacation on Monday afternoon, July 16, 2012 from SoCal. I am going home to TN. If I was to try to come up to Iowa , I would not make it until Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

What is happening Thursday?

#442 · (Edited)
Come on by. Some are coming for the whole rally, some are coming for just a day or passing through on the way to somewhere else. If ya can't make the days ride come on by in the evening, drink some Klingon Ale, tell some lies and trade mod idea's. I for one would like to know how you activate the cloaking device!

#443 ·
Come on by. Some are coming for the whole rally, some are coming for just a day or passing through on the way to somewhere else. If ya can't make the days ride come on by in the evening, drink some Klingon beer, tell some lies and trade mod idea's. I for one would like to know how you activate the cloaking device!
It is Klingon Bloodwine. And I may bring a bottle to show how weak your Terran stomachs are. lol

#447 ·
I do have roots deep into Eastern Ky. Im sure I could manage locating a few Mason jars :D

And ozone is right...not much else to do there but drink
But you do have some nice State Parks to ride to. We often rode down to Cumberland Falls and Pine Mountain.

#458 ·
ohh well done mmcmsw. That was smooth and the ladies will love it!

Would it be pushy if we asked if we can set up a beer tent?:eek:

Thanks man. Hutmo may have set the bar at SWI but SWII will knock it out of the park. Very elite group we have. More rfined, if you will.;)

#464 ·
As we have 100% occupation I'm guessing there will be very little cages - Maybe only those of Hotel Staff and some from any Sponsors that might have set up's. Guess we can see about cones for Bike Access Only if anyone thinks its really necessary?

#461 ·
Room prices

Prices for the comfort in rooms are on the very first post. They start at 89 bucks. I think the Super 8 is 69 bucks, but can't be sure. It's in this thread some where.

The Local dealer has tents and chairs he is donating for the three days. They have been very accommodating. They will have breakfast for us on Tuesday Morning.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.