• No

Votes: 66 32.8%

Shark Week II July 17th thru 19th 2012 Comfort Inn, LeClaire, IA

101K views 622 replies 135 participants last post by  Auburn983 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
July 17th thru 19th 2012
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
902 Mississippi View Court, Le Claire, IA, US, 52753

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-le_...=1&nchild=0&city_code=VQV&sstate_country=IAUS

Phone: (563) 289-4747
Fax: (563) 289-5535

Ask for Ed (SHE's the GM) or Diane

89.00 for a Standard Room
99.00 for a Business Room
119.00 for Whilpool Bathtub room. (great after a day of riding.)

I have reserved 30 of the 54 rooms, but we add more rooms, hopefully the rest, when we have those commited, so if you plan on attending, get your reservations soon, please.

FYI: I plan on doing a Ride to JP Cycles Tuesday Morning, and head to Poopies for dinner that night. Again, tenative, as I have not talked to either one.

These prices are not good with any other offer, and are good if you want to come in a day or so early, or stay an extra day. There is a River View on one side of the hotel, the other side will over look the parking lot with your bike in it. Tentatively this will also give you a view of the tent/picnic tables.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-le_...sstate=&type=&sradius=&sstate_country=&scity=

See less See more
#46 ·
Thats my planned route, at least thats the quickest. When time gets closer remind me, and we can join up. It would be cool to keep picking up people on the way there.

#47 ·
I was thinking about the same thing. Would love to pick up others along the way or start out with a group to begin with. Plenty if time to plan though. I met Hellbender in WV this year. Didn't know him from Adam, but we met along the way, roomed together, became friends, and had a great time. We still talk from time to time, and I'm sure we'll get together for next years rally. This is a great forum and an awesome group of people. What more could you ask for?

#49 ·
Not too sure which route I'll be taking yet .
If i take I-80 West I'll overnight somewhere around Akron OH.
If i take I-70 West to I-74 West I'll overnight somewhere around Columbus OH.
Just as HogWild stated,"Would love to pick up others along the way or start out with a group to begin with".
It looks like this will be a solo run. I'm having a bit of a problem convincing my better half to go on a 2500 or so mile ride.
I even offered to fly her out and pick her up at the local airport.
Her reply was "If I'm flying anywhere there better be SAND and PALM TREES on the other end ".............
( anyone know if these two items are available in LeClaire IA) ? :rolleyes:

#53 ·
HUTMO's Gypsy Tour 2012

The Gypsy Tour will return in 2012. Stay tuned for more details.

No cobblestone road will be passed by. Roads named stoney creek road.... pass them by. ;)

Keep thinkin' Lincoln.

HUTMO

#54 ·
what do you have for a talley so far how many more rooms are left i am still tryin to convince the old man to ride out with me

#61 ·
One reservation has been made. I reserved 30 rooms, As soon as the reservations start getting closer to 30, I will reserve another 10, etc. The Hotel has 54 rooms, and I have been told that if we fill it, we will have the run of the place, because if we become noisy, we will be keeping ourselves awake. LOL.

The hotel has a massive back lawn, and the HD dealer has offered two of his tents for our use. This distillery has called, and wants us to come tour it. Will have to do a "dry" run on that one.

I am having a hard time finding Guitars to rent. I understand there may be a demand for that. You would think that would be easy.

#60 ·
Looks like 385 miles from KC to Le Claire so 6.5 hours plus via the interstate. Depending on how far you all want to push it on day 1 into KC I'd be willing to put together a meet and greet here. Once we get closer we can start putting the numbers together. That will give me an idea how many cigars I need to get.

#105 ·
Here I was gearing up to head out east for Shark Week II, come to find its just a short drive for us! BigJack, count me in on leaving from KC- I live east of town in Bates City, MO. I can assist with any sort of meet/greet that we might want to put together. This is sounding like a good time

#65 ·
I'm going to make tentative plans to attend. Checked Google maps and it's closer than I thought from here (925mi). Ok I have a few serious questions.

I've never been to Iowa or through the Midwest alone is this area "minority friendly"? I'm new to motorcycling so I'm uncertain what I will encounter along the way. I've only been riding a few months most of it alone and along the gulf coast where I'm comfortable so I'm not all that engrained in the culture and can only go on what I hear about. I just don't want to compromise my safety and experience has shown me that racism is VERY real even today. Anyone from down here want to ride together?

#66 · (Edited)
I think you will find the midwest pretty laid back. I have lived in SoCal, Mississippi, and the Pacific NW. This is the heartland of Ameica. I like it here, I chose to retire here. Every village has their idiot, but I think you will find the Midwest awesome, even if you are a Saints Fan.

#74 ·
Shark Week Room... BOOKED

Well I was thinking about Shark Week so I decided to book my room.

Ready to go. Now I need to decide on my ride that I am going to plan around this event. :D:D:D

HUTMO

#76 ·
Shark Week 2012

Working in Corporate America...I don't get to pick vacation until the first of the year. But I should be able to Deal it...coming from Boston...DUE EAST..1,135 Miles..anyone else from the East Coast hit me up as we get closer. it's a Two Day ride for Me. Unless I hit a Good Bar in Chicago...I'll need a DVD player to get through PA..but I should be good. so I'm an almost at this point...but would love to go...& more so love the ride.

Bill

#80 · (Edited)
PHP:
[QUOTE]
[/PHP][/QUOTE]
Working[/PHP] in Corporate America...I don't get to pick vacation until the first of the year. But I should be able to Deal it...coming from Boston...DUE EAST..1,135 Miles..anyone else from the East Coast hit me up as we get closer. it's a Two Day ride for Me. Unless I hit a Good Bar in Chicago...I'll need a DVD player to get through PA..but I should be good. so I'm an almost at this point...but would love to go...& more so love the ride.

Bill
Hey Ranger, let's keep in contact and we can ride together to the event. I know there is another Mainer from kittery area that is going, I am sure other North Eastern's would like to go so we can keep an eye on them and suggest doing a caravan to SW12:)

#86 ·
Someone remind me next paycheck to get my reservation made.... or else I'll forget and show up with no room and have to bunk with one of you sweaty meat hogs. :eek:

#87 ·
I am in

Count me in for SW II, 1250 miles for me probaply stop in Nashville then on through, saw one member from S Fl, dbell I think we can cruise up and pick up any stragglers along the way. Won't make reservations til after first of the year.

Keith

#91 · (Edited by Moderator)
Count me in for SW II, 1250 miles for me probaply stop in Nashville then on through, saw one member from S Fl, dbell I think we can cruise up and pick up any stragglers along the way. Won't make reservations til after first of the year.

Keith
Hey Chris Hutmo is planning another Gypsy tour to SWII....tentative plans are going south to Florida, over to New Orleans then up the river road to the Rally. He's figuring about 3 days I think from Pittsburgh for all that....sounds tempting. I've never been to 'Nawlins

#92 ·
Gypsy Tour

The Gypsy Tour will leave N.O. and it will be a three day ride to Iowa.

If you go to Iowa go to the Field of Dreams.. real cool

Rock and Roll oldies fans must visit Clear Lake Iowa so you can visit the Surf Ball Room. The Surf is where Buddy Holly, Richey Valens and the Big Bopper played their last concert. The death site for Buddy Holly isn't to far from their either.

Cool stuff

#93 ·
The Gypsy Tour will leave N.O. and it will be a three day ride to Iowa.

If you go to Iowa go to the Field of Dreams.. real cool

Rock and Roll oldies fans must visit Clear Lake Iowa so you can visit the Surf Ball Room. The Surf is where Buddy Holly, Richey Valens and the Big Bopper played their last concert. The death site for Buddy Holly isn't to far from their either.

Cool stuff
Chris, will you be arriving in Iowa the night of the 16th or the 17th. I'm about to make reservations for Le Claire and needed to know.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.