dennis kirk has the N104 for $325

revzilla has the Evoline 2 for $290 and the 3 for $423

compared em till I'm sick a comparing

but I thinketh the extra green is worth the trouble for the N104 and the Shark3

leaning towards the Nolan , but the Evoline rocks as well

reckon itsa matter of which rock I wants

JtB

#2 ·
I'm shopping for a modular as well, I really like the Shark, if it came in a 2X, that's what I'd buy. Being able to flip the chin bar all the way over the top and ride like with it out of the way is what I like. I like the Nolan too, just can't find one to try on. I think their chin bar comes off altogether.

#3 ·
I have a Nolan N103 and an N104. The new one is a little better than the 103 except for one thing, it's physically larger. They are both the same size but the 104 shell is larger, lighter though too. I have a full liner in my Tour Pak and I have the lay the 104 sideways to get the lid closed.

#12 ·
I've used the N43 for a couple years now. The chin bar is very sturdy and comes on and off easily. However, as already posted it is very close to the face. I've got a fat face but still had room for bar. But I ended up loving the large view range without it, I left if off and never put it back on.

#6 · (Edited)
N104

I decided to get an N104 a few months ago. For the price, this helmet is a good buy. It fit well, and has most of the features I was looking for. The eye port is huge for this helmet. I ended up picking it over the Shoei Neo-tec because of price and the Shark Evoline because of lack of ventilation when using as a full face.

Can be noisy of he highway at times, but overall it happy with it.

#7 ·
I've been comparing modulars for over a week. The Neotec is great but expensive and according to Shoei, if you add a headset, the speakers can't be more than 1/4 thick or the earphone spaces have to be modified (read "Cut out"). Of course you can pay full price to J&M Audio for the helmet, full price for their system and full price for a custom installation. Then you are close to $1000.

Schuberth. Nice helmet with good and bad reviews for fit. Too expensive. Limited to their SRC comm system which is Bluetooth and runs over $300. Well over a $1000 plus the chin bar is too close to the mouth.

Nolan. Solid helmet and they build a Harley compatible comm system. The slide down shades get bad reviews because of their shape and size. Otherwise, it seems to be a good system with a reasonable price.

HJC seems to build a good modular. Good price.

I really like the Shoei. I just hate to buy a $600 system and do a self install of the headset and have that bracket hanging off the left side. With the custom J&M instal, it looks like they drill the helmet and install a thru connector. Very neat looking installation.

Good luck. I know I'm tired of looking at these things and calling the manufacturers.

#8 ·
well I narrowed it down from several to the N104 and Evo3

go to revzilla and look at the "touring" helmets , these are "touring" based on sitting position on the bike ..

I watched the video they had on the N104 and the Evo3 , both about 10 minits and pretty thorough presentations ..

I came away with the Nolan on top hands down , the Evo at $425 from revzilla is the upper end of my budget on this one

either one is a winner , I too like the chin bar rolling to the back on the Evo3 , but thats not really an issue with me

JtB

#14 ·
Sounds like you've already made your choice but my N90, while a flip-up and not a modular, is a terrific helmet. Only problem I had with Nolan was the weight and the lack of an aerodynamically shaped helmet. The Nolans grab a lot of air and it's a problem if you've got even a hint of neck probs. It also doesn't flow as much air through the helmet as I needed here in Texas to keep my head cool.

NOT a modular, but... Bell RS-1 -- 3.5lbs, aerodynamics out the butt, excellent cooling, $349. Toss out another $119 for the 'light changing' face shield and you'll never have to switch shields or glasses again as the light changes. Revzilla's where I got mine and their service is excellent.

BTW, I lost the chin curtain to my Bell, the little piece that snaps into the chin area of the helmet to keep cold air from coming up through the bottom of the helmet, and would appreciate being able to buy one from someone who owns a Bell RS-1 and doesn't need the chin curtain. I've been told the Star's will work but I'd need to see a pic of it to be able to tell for sure.

#15 ·
Well, add this to another thread that's causing me to go broke. I decided to check out modulars at a local dealer that specializes in stuff for touring types. After 30 years of half shells and novelties and less, I'm considering going the full face/modular route. Especially since I plan on doing more long distance riding in the near future plus the attraction of adding a comm system. Oh, and the increasing fear of crashing as CA cage drivers' skills continue to diminish. I liked the Evo very much, especially the ability to roll that chinbar all the way to the back of the helmet, but the fit for my big ol' mellon head just didn't work. The Nolan 104 fit well, but seemed a bit heavy. Then I put on the Shuberth. Oh, man that was like going from a VW Bug to a Cadillac. The fit, the weight, the deluxe padding, everything just screamed buy me. Pricey as hell, though - 700 bucks. It's now on the Christmas list. All I need are some rich friends.

#17 ·
Like stray mutt, I've been wearing novelty helmets since I bought my first harley. In the last few months I've been tossing around the idea of a full face/modular helmet for winter and long distance riding. Spent what seems likes for ever on the Internet reading specs and reviews on literally everything while trying to narrowing it down, and not going broke buying a $700 unit

Last night I pulled the trigger on a Nolan N104 outlaw :D hopefully it's a kick ass as everything I've read says it is

#26 ·
Nolan N104 outlaw came yesterday, got a chance to go out for a quick s&s pin with it....
First off I'm not a full face helmet guy, I typically wear a novelty helmet. With that said, WOW this helmet kicks ass!!! :D

For anyone on the fence about this helmet, like I said I paid $320 shipped, I would give it a serious look!! Swapped out to the dark smoked face shield and striped off all the stickers, has a scares the mini van look now :rolleyes: ;)

#27 ·
I wore FF and modular before , but this one has such a large field of view , the idea of limited visibility is hogwash with this helmet ..

More I wear it the more I like it , I usually only wear FF or modular in winter and long trips , but I can see this being an every day year rounder

JtB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.