Road Glide banner

tour pack clone

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ribman 
#1 ·
ive read thru some posts here on tour packs, and i am still having a problem deciding.looking for a factory or reproduction that would look good and be as close to factory as possible.also i would like to clone to be able to accept factory lighting and accesories. any suggestions would really be appreciated.
thanks curt

#3 ·
unless you've got a painter on retainer, or can paint yourself, or don't need anything other than black, i found the best solution was just to get the tourpak from harley. by the time you got the take-off painted, you would be close to the cost of the original, esp. if you have a 'complicated' color.

and don't pay full pop for the tourpak either. contact pcpain (jon.horton@hornytoadhd.com) for the best deal.

#9 ·
unless you've got a painter on retainer, or can paint yourself, or don't need anything other than black, i found the best solution was just to get the tourpak from harley. by the time you got the take-off painted, you would be close to the cost of the original, esp. if you have a 'complicated' color.
This.

I lucked out. A member was selling his Pak. My color isn't available painted from the MoCo anymore, so my situation was even more complicated. I paid 600 for my Classic King Pak painted and pinstriped.

#8 · (Edited)
Now before you say No Fricking Way! Check out this tourpack out on ebay. No Seriously! http://www.ebay.com/sch/62657fairlane500/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 This fellow came highly recommended from the guys over on http://choppedbaggers.com. Got my razor form him this week. Quality is very good. Looks to require very little prep work to finish. The crazy thing is that it doesnt matter if you want a razor, chopped or king, they are the same price. As far as prepped for the HD lighting you would need to check with him. I paid 245.00 shipped to my door. Hardware not included. Shipping was a little slow, but still within the estimated shipping date on the auction. He includes his phone number in the auction and actually answers it. A sign of integrity. If your interested I'll take some pictures and post them here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.