Road Glide banner

SE 254 Cam?

19K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  veronese1 
#1 ·
Anybody running the SE 254 cam in a stock 96in motor? Being kicking around this cam and was looking for some rough numbers. Already have the air cleaner and exhaust. Just looking for maybe some real world feel and some rough numbers.

#2 ·
Thanks for the reply Drago. Still not sure what I'm going to do. I'm not even real sure that I wanna go into the motor. I'm reasonably pleased with the motor now, and I'm smart enough to know that if I do cams, I probably won't stop w/cams, LOL!! Just kinda kicking things around.

#7 ·
Thanks for the reply Drago. Still not sure what I'm going to do. I'm not even real sure that I wanna go into the motor. I'm reasonably pleased with the motor now, and I'm smart enough to know that if I do cams, I probably won't stop w/cams, LOL!! Just kinda kicking things around.
PeeWee, that's what happened with me. I put the 26G cams in my 88" motor and was so pleased with the torque gain that I said to myself, "Self, if you like this, you'll REALLY like 37G's and 95" hi comp pistons!" And I was right. :cool:

G
#3 ·
I have an 07 RG and thought about doing the cams also. I was all set to do it until I spoke with the service manager at FT Myers HD. I was looking for a little boost for the motor. I went with the SE 103 in piston kit. Just the bigger pistons not the kit with the cam. The kit with the cams also only added about 2 HP and were certainly not worth the money. I also use the Supertrapp 2-1 pipe and the SE super tuner.I am truly pleased with the outcome. The torque went to 98 Ft Lbs and is extremely impresive. It pulls hard from 1800 to 5200 rpm. The fuel milage went from usually getting 40 mpg to getting 48 mpg. Runs much cooler also.

#4 ·
I have the 254E's in a 103" 2011 RGU. I had the 255's in my previous 2007 103". The 254's feel similar to the 255's, they just come on a little bit later in the RPM range. Haven't dynoed it yet, still running the canned SEST map. I'll post sheets when I do. There's probably better cams out there, but I've never gotten any warranty grief when I run SE cams in a new bike.....I haven't seen any sheets of the 254 in a 96'', but the 255 in a 96'' sheets I've seen are a nice improvement....

#6 ·
SE-254 in 103" w/ 10.5:1

See my signature for more detail.

But here is the Dyno sheet at first pass. Bike goes in for fine tuning next week. The attached is a baseline using smartune / autotune.

Michael

Attachments

#9 ·
Still not sure what I'm going to do. I have decided to put the "go" stuff on the back burner, and try to finish out the apperance mods first. About to order parts to finish out the front end

#13 ·
TSI-HD
Columbia, CT

Technician - Chris (Spec'd Build & Assembled)
Tuner - Josh

Awesome Service Department!!!!!

I am a picky, anal, moody emotional, BITCH!!!

And they NEVER let me down...

Michael

#15 ·
With the HD stage 4, which includes the SE260 cam, I ended up at 90.65/98.24 HP/TQ at 2200' elevation. Adjusted your #'s are close, but my curve isn't very good. My build performs at high rpm, and has a spotty curve.
I am installing V&H Power Duals first, see if that helps, then I will try a more torquey cam.
Right now I have the stock header pipes including the cat convertor, and V&H CVO slip ons.

#19 · (Edited)
Horsepower-Torque

Horsepower-Torque

Horsepower-Torque

Nuff-Said...

I missed the earlier question regarding Boom Audio. Good upgrade, worth the money. I didn't buy the amp...that was Dumb!!!!

Thankfully the fairing is coming back off this weekend for paint. I'll be adding the amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.