Road Glide banner

Cobra FI2000r or FI2000 Closed Loop

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  guyflh 
#1 ·
All--looking for some advice.

I have a 2008 RG, stock except for 4" V&H slip-ons. I had an FI2000 on my previous bike (2005 Suzuki Boulevard) and it worked very well.

I'm not looking to upgrade cams or anything like that in the future, maybe just a better flow AC would about it. I do mostly local cruising but will probably now be doing some more long distance, with the better half on the back.

So my question is, what are the pluses/minuses for going with the regular FI2000r or the closed loop model? I called Cobra, and all they asked was "are you planning on using the O2 sensors?", which I answered yes.

So what say you oh wise tank?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Id check into a Fuel Moto Micro Tuner or a Power Vision instead of the Cobra depending on your budget. Get a device that will tune both timing and fuel as needed . The Cobra devices are fuel only and even if you dont plan on more mods your leaving a lot behind by just adding or removing fuel and calling it a 'tune"

#3 ·
I have the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro

Not to start a huge debate - pros and cons of the Fi2000 PowrPro versus any other tuner - I researched them all at length. I just wanted plug and play. It's as simple as that and only upgrades I made (and plan to make) were V&H Monster Ovals, removed the cat and installed a SE air cleaner. Before I installed the SE AC, I removed the cat and added the slip-ons BUT had a serious flat spot mid-throttle. Drove me nuts. Also, the engine ran hot - not as hot prior to the cat removal but still hot. After I installed the Cobra unit, man what a difference. It took all of 20 minutes to put in, cooler running motor, no flat spot, definitely more power and smoother accel and mileage actually improved. I don't have to worry about any re-map and I have no where to mount a PowerVision. My 2 cents...

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking for any arguments or debate either. Just more curious about with/without O2 sensors. And really not looking to drop $500 on something when I know I'm going to leave the engine as it is.

Thanks again. The search continues....... :)

#5 ·
The best advice I can give is to use the product you feel most comfortable working with, using the tuner that you can get the best support on for your requirements, and most importantly working within the specific limitations of the product. Do your research, ask plenty of questions. We have specialized in EFI tuning components for the past decade and know the products inside and out (several of which we helped develop) You are welcome to contact us with any questions or for recommendations.

#7 · (Edited)
i have had cobra power pro for almost a year with no issues.it worked for my budget because it allowed me to do stage 1 one part at a time .just got pipes done and it runs great .other tuners with auto tune will cost you more because they do more.decide what features you need.i have not used other cobra tuner but i know you have to adjust it when you make ac or pipe change.power pro adapts to your mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.