Road Glide banner

PPZ or 100% Polarization Sunglasses?

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Joe Willie 
#1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a pair of Wiley sunglasses. They offer a partial polarization (PPZ) lens that is exclusive to HD.

According to the Wiley website the PPZ lens has 14% light transmission and 70% polarization. They state, "this innovative lens provides the glare-cutting advantages of Wiley X polarization while maintaining the distortion-free vision daytime riders need. These breakthrough PPZ lenses provide crystal clear viewing of digital gauges, which often have their own UV coating. This same technology provides riders with a high-definition view of the riding surface at all angles — even when looking through a bike’s windscreen."

The PPZ lens runs about $60 more than their standard 100% polarized lens. Has anyone tried the PPZ and is it worth the extra money?

#4 ·
I just got a pair od Wiley AirRages.. Got em polarized, with bifocals.. $334.. a little high, but I had my regular Eye DR. do everything to make sure they were right..

#5 ·
Just my 2cents, if you have a clear windshield, and it is tall, Polarized lenses create rainbows when you are looking through the windshield. (kind of hard to see the road) If you have a short windshield, -No problem.

#8 ·
Where can I find these PPZ glasses at?

#10 ·
I just received the HD Jumbo PPZ's. Got them on Amazon for $129. They definitely protect your eyes from all that Road King chrome when the sun gets up. Have not fully tested the other claims yet. Oh yea, the jumbo's lens is 20% bigger than my ole Wiley Twisted pair plus they have the climate control insert to keep the pollen, ragweed, and dust out. Getting used to them now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.