Road Glide banner

won't idle hot

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  09SERG 
#1 ·
Hi I wonder if anybody else has had this problem. I was up in Panama City Beach for the rally and in stop and go traffic. I could smell and feel the motor was hot. It would not idle, even if I turned the throttle forward to run on one cylinder. I have a 2009 and it has the 102 kit in it. I have a oil cooler with fan and the oil presser was low like 10lb. But if I took off and was moving and cooled down the motor it would idle. Any thoughts I will be grateful !:)

#3 ·
Huh?

Maybe I'm wrong but I didnt think you could switch the EITMS off and on at will.
I think and again, I could be wrong here, it something that can be set to come on when idling and running hot but not something that can be switched on by the driver while idling.
Rolling the throttle forward disengages the cruise control while going down the highway.
As far as losing oil pressure, when the engine is hot, you lose oil viscosity making the oil flow more freely through the engine. Losing some oil pressure is normal while running hot. Not good mind you, but normal.

HSP

#4 ·
I have a JAGG LOW MOUNT 10 ROW FAN ASSISTED OIL COOLER with fan. I bought the bike used. The lady I bought it from said a Harley dealer did the work to make it a 102.I have not dyno'ed it.I have stock air cleaner and Rinehart pipes.I don't know about the cam. Does Harley keep work that they do on bikes on a computer that I can look up by vin number? I was told that in bumper to bumper traffic if I turned the throttle forward it ran on one cylinder.
A small red light come on when I did that.
Thank you for any help!

#6 ·
I bought my2005 used and it had a similar problem. Turned out that the electrical connector on the fuel injectors were swapped. Cold or at higherRPMs enough fuel made it to the right cylinder but at hot idle, it didn't get enough fuel. I for any reason this is a possibility, I suggest taking a look at it.

#7 ·
After i bought my bike, I went to the dealerships that the PO used, told them i just bought the bike, gave them the PO's name and VIN of the bike, and they gave me the FULL records of everything !!!! They didnt even charge me !!!!

#9 ·
On 2008 model Touring models produced after December 3, 2007, the EITMS is already installed and ready for you to activate using a simple throttle activated switch. When you are stopped and at idle, simply push the throttle forward (closed) to roll off position and hold. After approximately 3 seconds, the cruise control indicator will flash either red (disabled) or green (enabled). Repeat the procedure to toggle between the two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.