Road Glide banner

Mod time !!!

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Uncle Fuzzy 
#1 ·
Parts have been showing up for the last couple of weeks with the last big item being the Fairing Factory lowers tonight and man am I getting anxious! Now that northern Indiana is in the freeze locker mode I think its time to begin the next riding season mods.( Couldn't get in too big a hurry just in case there may be a decent day here or there.) New roadtech 665,x-trim,garage door opener,fairing lowers--oh yeah,and maybe the headlight bezel upgrade for the Mean Mug.That ought to do it! Unless?? Man, I have got to stay away from this forum!!

#10 ·
This Forum is very addictive for sure.
My winter mods consist of Hawgwired 6pack, Progressive Monotubes -1, Progressive 944-4002UT Rear Shocks, Progressive Touring Link, Tri-Bar LED Tail Brake Turn Signal Light, Harley Center-Mount Auxiliary Running & Brake Light, Wild One Outlaw 12" Apes, Harley Black Levers, Harley Oil Temp Guage, Harley Mid Frame Deflectors and Harley Chrome Oil Cooler Cover.
And what ever else I come accross on The Greates Forum On The Internet!
Best of Luck to all on your winter mods.
Mike U.

#11 ·
Man you guys got that right when I traded in my 11 heritage after putting over 7000 in goodies I said no more I'm buying the rgu and I'm just going to ride it yea right I spent 3500 before I picked up the bike and that's me taking it all home and doing it myself. Then I was introduced to this awesome forum and I know it's been another 3000 or more and the worse part you really can't tell what all I've done just by looking at it and I still have a ton if things in my list

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#13 ·
Hold everything!

Had planned to begin the mod work this weekend.Glad I held off till now as the weatherman is calling for near 60 temps Saturday.Elsewhere on this site I read that some were going to be close to HELL.Might just have to find some way to get there also.Those in more temperate parts of the globe don't have this problem,their riding season lasts year round! Retirement time is just a few yrs. away for me and I hope to find someplace like that (New Mexico,Arizona). But until then I'll have to scrounge for any little chance to burn up the asphalt.Maybe next week I can return to the mod projects,then again maybe not!

#15 ·
There's two consolations to the whole cost issue. First, you feel like an educated consumer when you go to order whatever it is you're buying because of time spent on this site. Poor quality products get exposed on here and the flip side is that good parts and vendors are also singled out on here. Plus our sponsors usually offer some great values. Second, at least you end up with a bike that is your vision of what your bike should be ...... whether that's a raked, slammed, bag-draggin' full custom ..... or a Stage 4 120 ci on the bottle "Power Crusier", or maybe just a fairly stock looking tourer with a ton of electronics, upgraded suspension, a barn door windshield, and a rider who thinks 800-1,000 miles days SHOULD be routine.

Pretty neat isn't it! So, despite our complaining about the number and cost of our mods, we smile really big when the UPS truck shows up at the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.