Road Glide banner

Happy Birthday Marines!

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Woobie 
#1 ·
Celebrating 237 years of drunkin fighting. Old salts rest easy. We got this. Lol.

-Rich out.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Back at ya Brother. - Semper Fi - It just plainly seems to mean much more these days!

#11 ·
I hear it from Marines who have left active duty all the time. The camaderie is actually stronger when the corps is a distant memory. For those of us that are still active its our job. Same old shit sometimes. Bosses you dont like, employees you want to kill, back stabbing, competiton. For those who have gone on to other things there is only...brotherhood.

#17 ·
The wonderful love of a beautiful maid,
The love of a staunch true man,
The love of a baby, unafraid,
Have existed since time began.

But the greatest of loves, The quintessence of loves.
even greater than that of a mother,
Is the tender, passionate, infinite love,
of one drunken Marine for another.

"Semper Fidelis"

General Louis H. Wilson
Commandant of the Marine Corps
Toast given at 203rd Marine Corps Birthday Ball
Camp Lejueune, N.C. 1978

#19 ·
Just got back on this computer. Missed the chance to say "Happy Birthday Marines". Was off doing a toy run in Rocky Mt, NC last Sat.

Semper Fi to all you Marines out there.

I did four from '74-'78. Hired on as a machinist at Cherry Point, (Civil Service), in 1980 and helped keep our birds in the air for 32 yrs. Just retired from that career. Already miss the military atmosphere. It's been so much of my life, especially since my dad did 26 yrs. in the USAF. My son is now a Sgt. in the Army at Ft. Bragg, NC.
No matter who is in the Oval Office we MUST keep our military STRONG>

Nuff said.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.