Road Glide banner

Will You Be Attending Shark Week III?

• You bet your sweet ass I'll be there!

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • I hope to, but have a few things to work out.

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • I'm on the fence - I'm worried about getting a shark tooth

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • No, but I will be at Shark Week IV!

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • No, I knocked up the old lady.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Will You Be Attending Shark Week III?

117K views 948 replies 142 participants last post by  CPTJAM 
#1 · (Edited)
Shark Week III
July 30 through August 1, 2013

Lexington Hotel and Conference Center
850 Bluff Street
St. George, UT 84770
United States

Website: http://www.lexingtonhotels.com/property.cfm?idp=22049

Toll Free Reservations: 800-457-9800 Let the reservationist know that you are registering for "Shark Week." The group rate is $57.00 per night.

The Lexington is a former Holiday Inn that's been upgraded with new furniture and carpeting, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, and microwaves are in every room. I stayed here during my visit, and came away convinced that this is the ideal location for Shark Week in 2013. Many thanks to LadyZ who scouted out the location and negotiated the rate.

G
#227 ·
It's Official I've been reserved.

My room is reserved, 2 Queens non-smoking.

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to my first Shark Week. I have met a number of RG.org members and look forward to meeting others.

I will bring a full case of my Salsa with me in my TP. There will be more Hot Salsa than other blends but I guarantee it has flavor. If people join up with me on the way, I can't guarantee how much will make it to SW. lol

Now comes the waiting game. Only a little over 8 months to go.

#229 ·
I talked to mrs garvin90, and we both are surprised how quickly the year is going. I still need to buckle down and buy a t/p and my hammock seat for the long haul.

We should be closing on our house in the next month so when we do, we will have space for a few familiar weary travelers. That is, if we dont leave friday night of course.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

G
#231 ·
Anyone wanting to hook up on the way, I'll be leaving early on July 28th and can meet around the following areas. Capitol Interchange in Helena, Montana City, Jefferson City, Butte, Dillon and Lima, MT. Next stop will probably be at Dubois, ID and points beyond. PM me if interested.

#235 ·
SWIII destination from NE IL, Woo Hoo

I am booked for SWIII. My first one, so be gentle. :D
It's a long wait but I'm looking forward to it. Lots of great people on the forum and I'm looking forward to meeting you.
My wife and I are riding from NE IL. We plan to leave early Saturday 7/27 and go straight to SWIII. I wish I could get to Vegas before and meet Shrug but maybe a couple days in Vegas after SW.
If anyone wants to meet up for the long ride in, PM me. 1,600 miles one way.

#236 · (Edited)
Hi HD4ME,

Glad you can make it. I know more than a few people, myself included are planning on hitting Sturgis on the way back east.

If your interested keep an eye out for the details to be posted. We were kicking around the idea of renting a house someplace in the general area but I suspect the real planning will begin shortly after Christmas.

Look forward to seeing ya at SW3.

D.

#237 ·
Sturgis

Thanks...
I was thinking of going that route until I started looking at hotels. $2000 for 5 days... Out of control.
I've never been there but want to go, but if that is what to expect from the friendly locals, I would hate to see what the rest of them charge for Food, Drink and Gas not to mention entertainment.
I would be interested in hearing more about lodging options for Sturgis.

#238 ·
I would be interested in hearing more about lodging options for Sturgis.

Unless you know somebody that knows somebody you're pretty much stuck with camping, most reasonable indoor accomodations are reserved year over year. Even campgrounds had alot of their camper spots reserved at the end of this year's rally. Tent camping spots are usually available right up till the rally.
You pretty have to be 100+ miles out to get semi reasonable motel rates.

#245 ·
At this point, the poll really isnt necessary. If you are planning on going, call & make reservations as well as contacting me regarding getting on the registration sheet.

Info is in my signature.

#256 ·
Swiii

How can I not book after SWII! must be rooms available I didnt ask how many though. 1500 miles from central MN! I had the chance to spend some time with the Mutt Boys in IA we are in good hands.:)

#274 ·
Well I'm going to go ahead and make a reservation, Fire-Medic (Gabe) and I have talked and think we might make it, I guess if not I can always cancell, but I'm staying positive, 3 or 4 days each way, lol.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.