Road Glide banner

What did you do to your Road Glide Today?

3M views 22K replies 2K participants last post by  Roosterman623 
#1 ·
I've seen these threads on other forums, and they can go on forever. Just some place to post what you might have done in any particular day.

I'll start with this past weekend. I went out Sunday morning intending to ride down the road, any road. When the first 40mph gust of wind hit me, I changed my mind and headed over to Iron Pony instead. It being early Sunday, and the service dept was open, I decided to get the new tires I was needing. So, a few dollars later I ended up with two new Dunlop American Elites and new pads on the front brakes. They were out of the Metzler ME880's, but these are new model Dunlops, and it appears they only make two sizes so far, both just happen to fit my bike. Web site says more sizes coming in 2011. Only have about 300 miles on them, but so far they seem to be good tires. Holds the wind well :D (Sunday was VERY windy, almost got blown over getting off the bike)

Next up, Progressive 940's are on the way.

#5,964 ·
took a drive around the corner for movie and beverage... got back to the house and found the car too close the the truck in the driveway so I went to the WET grass.

Good, stayed upright. :(
Bad.... wife is going to kill me when she sees what I did... think burn out only in steep hillside of now none existent grass. :eek:

I think I will be buying some grass tomorrow....:cool:

#5,965 ·
Rode to work this morning! After works meet some coworkers @ red neck heaven to watch Cowboys & Rangers. I rolled up with that Prince I wanna be your lover jamming. Waitress got mad when I turned it off, so after she bought me a 24 oz zigenbach I had to at least let her finish hearing the song :D. Some other chit happened but I am going to leave it at that for now ;).

#5,968 ·
Rode to work this morning! After works meet some coworkers @ red neck heaven to watch Cowboys & Rangers. I rolled up with that Prince I wanna be your lover jamming. Waitress got mad when I turned it off, so after she bought me a 24 oz zigenbach I had to at least let her finish hearing the song :D. Some other chit happened but I am going to leave it at that for now ;).
"Turn you on, turn you out all night long make you shout!"

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#5,974 ·
Nice looking garage. ....did you paint it to match the bike ? Us that a craftsman yellow jack ? Are you able to move it around with the bike on it ?
The Orange matched my 07 RG.
That Sears pro is outstanding I don't care what anyone say had it sense around early 07 .
I can and do wheel the bikes all over on them.
And when you need to carry it half the weight of others.

#5,976 ·
Well, it's been a while since I posted in here, but I turned over to 25K a couple weeks ago, and today dropped it off at my family friends house to have the 25K service done and to finally put the matching back wheel on. I have the 18" contrast anarchy wheels that I bought in Febrary and I finally have the second back tire worn out. Time to put that new wheel and tire on the back to match her up since the front has been on since Febrary!!

I can't remember if I posted this or not, but I also have the hogtunes 5x7" speakers and the 140 watt amp installed now as well.

HUGE improvement, I've had it done since July and it was money well spent!

Today, and I'll post a pic by the end of the week with the matching wheels!

#5,978 ·
Dropped of a replacement front rotor and Lyndall pads at the dealer to be lumped in with my 10k service. Got emails in to Pickard, Native Customs, Jim Nasi, and Yaffe for this Winter's improvements. #Evil Laugh

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Oh how it must be nice to have that kinda money :rolleyes: LOL

#5,979 ·
Well, it's been a while since I posted in here, but I turned over to 25K a couple weeks ago, and today dropped it off at my family friends house to have the 25K service done and to finally put the matching back wheel on. I have the 18" contrast anarchy wheels that I bought in Febrary and I finally have the second back tire worn out. Time to put that new wheel and tire on the back to match her up since the front has been on since Febrary!!

I can't remember if I posted this or not, but I also have the hogtunes 5x7" speakers and the 140 watt amp installed now as well.

HUGE improvement, I've had it done since July and it was money well spent!

Today, and I'll post a pic by the end of the week with the matching wheels!

Like that front wheel man.:)