Road Glide banner

Terrycable shocks

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  harleyjoe1961 
#1 ·
I got a pair for my 2011 RG and I went with long travel and my the guy from Air Force base went with low on his 07 RG we both rode up with base riding group the 150 miles to the bike show. On the way up I bottomed out 5 times and was send out of my seat 2 times. On the ride back was amazing better handling and never bottom out once on my ride home. I am 310lbs and wife is 156 we travel will full packs all the time. My long travel gave me 4 inches instead of stock 3 but only raised the bike maybe 1/2 inch sitting next to the lowered 07 you can tell but next to stock street glide it was hard to tell. Terry cable tech changed the springs to suet my weight without my wife on the high side so solo or 2up same great ride, and a 90 money back guarantee. Straight from Terry's mouth or he can change the style or spring till your happy. All American made. I have put 450 miles on them and even my buddy agreed there better than his progressive shocks. If you’re looking for new shocks what you have to lose you can do a large amount of trying them out and changing them up and if you’re not satisfied he gives you $ back.

#2 ·
While in Sturgis this year I met Terry Davis at Rapid City HD. I wash considering installing a LEGOND AIR RIDE on my bike. Terry offered to let me try his shocks first. In the end I bought a set of 12" with 125lbs springs. Installed on a 2012' Road Glide Skunk with a sidecar. AMAZING Improvement. Bought from him in Sturgis. http://www.terrycable.com/Ultra-Low-Rear-Shocks_c_7.html

He started me with 150lbs springs and told me to ride them for a day and see if the were too stiff. They were a bit stiff and he offered to change them out to 125 lbs. I couldn't be happier. I put 2000 miles on them around Sturgis and on the way home. They are worth every penny. I have a Legend Air Ride on my 92' Softail with Sidecar and they are great...but I do not need adjustability on this bike and they are a vast improvement over the stock springs.

Examples: They don't "whoop" and bounce over wavy roads like the stock. One "bounce" and they settle in. The rig also doesn't "wiggle" in turns or "sag" during really aggressive riding/cornering. Terry is great to deal with and really understands his product. Even with very little experience with sidecars he used logic and his experience to make some great decisions on what would work. I HIGHLY recommend these shocks.

Also the other "proof" was that many people I saw who had bought shocks from him previously had their friends lining up to purchase them after riding their bikes. He stands behind his product and knows his stuff!

They are a great value, look good, and perform as advertised!

Sidecar Dan

#3 ·
I rode to Sturgis on my factory air shocks and road back home on a set of Terry Cable shocks. I am a BIG guy and used to bottom out several times a day. Even more so when I ride with my wife. So far, 2400 miles without bottoming out once. My wife says it was the best investment I made in the bike, she loves the ride. I highly recommend you give them a look if you are in the market to improve your ride. I cannot adequately express how much better the ride is.

#4 ·
2014 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

So I rode my 2012 RG to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally from southern New Jersey. Was not looking for new shocks but after almost 3000 miles something had to change. Was at Rapid City HD looking at Progressive shocks when I ran into Terry Davis and his wife Bernadine. Talked to them for a short while and was told about his 90 day guarantee but what really impressed me was the amount of happy customers who stopped by to sing their praise. I was sold. Had a set installed and road home a total of 5153 miles and was very happy with the results. Het set me up with a 125 and a 150 but when I added the bride we bottomed out. Called Terry on a Friday and by the following Friday I installed A 150 lb. set and so far so good. I would recommend Terrys shock to anyone. He is small time and very trust worthy.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.