Road Glide banner

Dim the Dash Lights

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Uncleford 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking for a way to dim the dash lights on my 11' RGC. The problem I am having is during night time rides the gauge, radio, Hi beam and cruise lights really distract me. It helps if I use my hand to block them but that isn't really feasable after a few minutes of riding. Even in my cages I always dim the lights real low so I have better night vision on the road.

I looked at some old threads but didn't get anywhere with it. Has anyone put a dimmer somewhere in line with the lights to fix this issue? Thanks!

#2 ·
I think (meaning not sure), that all the lights in the Speedo and Tach are LED's. Might be a touch different than just putting in a dimmer switch. With the lights below the gauges (bright, neutral, oil press), I think those are some kind of incadesant, so a dimmer switch of sorts may work. I would suggest getting in touch with the guy that changes the colors of the lighting in the speedo/tach, he may be able to that or steer you in the right direction. There are several threads on his work, but I can't remeber his website, but I'm sure somebody will help with that! :D

#3 ·
#5 ·
Okay kewl, thanks for the links guys, I will start there. I have to do something about it and do not want to use tape.

I will have to do this soon. Everytime I go out for a ride I forget about this..until it gets dark..

I will let you know what I find...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.