Road Glide banner

Harley Davidson to release LED headlights for Road Glide

21K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  NORSEMAN 
#1 ·
Heard form my parts manger at my local dealership we can expect to see LED lights at the coming P&A show in August... no word on pricing but figure it will be in line with the pricing we see on the batwings... pricey yes, but it will be design as a plug n play set up... I put my name on the waiting list...:D

#3 ·
While waiting for my brake switch recall to be done today, i noticed a pic on the service writers desk. I can tell you i dont like the way they look. I didnt see them on a rg only on a batwing.

#6 ·
Hey vester!

I would be happy to see these , I have Ben doing some research on hid lights for the rg last couple of days, I will try to mention this to guy at parts at my dealer this weekend see if he has heard anything...

#7 ·
Wonder what the price will be. You'd think they would have to make it reasonable to sell to even start production on em.

#10 ·
At the VTwin Expo a Kuryakin rep told me they expect to have RG LED headlights available in late summer....

Sounds like about the same time...

#11 ·
I checked on led at hd last week they dont know when or if they said peterson manufacturing in grandview mo make the lighting for hd ride with some of the guys from there they dont know when or if for rg I put led on rk they kick a.. have them for sell they have less then 40 hours big blue hit the floor always wanted the rgu fell in love pulled the leds part of the deal on trade in but hope your guy is telling the truth

#17 ·
I decided not to wait and bought the LEDs from Holeshot Choppers, they are very well built and sturdy, I doubt if HD or Kury will have the same quality, but time will tell. I should have mine installed in a couple of days and will post pics and give a short review. I have HID's now, so I really want to see if the LEDs live up to the hype.

#19 ·
I went to the plastic store today and looked at some smoked plastics and some one way mirror plastic. Stay tuned, I will be testing a few in the very near future. Actually, any one can make their own lens. It just has to be 3mm thick to seal the headlight. Tough part is cutting circles with out a pilot on the old hole saw!!!

#20 ·
Can't wait to see them. Thanks for passing this on. :)

#24 ·
Will I buy a set of improved headlights YES, Do I believe they will available this year..................NO
(I hope I am incorrect)i

#26 ·
I was just at my dealer and they showed me a paper that shows the new roadglide led lights coming out. They said they should be out within a couple weeks. They are 699 for the pair

#27 ·
I installed my HD.led auxiliary lights that I had on my rk took them off when I traided it in for my shark watched the forum for options in after market never saw anything I liked thought some of my buds would want to buy my leds for there bikes I think they wanted me to give them to them I dont like anybody that much so came up with a nice setup put them on man I missed those leds lputs out enough light to land a plane ! Put the pics on my album should be able to see it when the moderater get dune

#28 ·
Ok, so a lot of talk here about they have seen these LED"s on paper. So are they like the FLHX's LED or not?

It is weird, I have a HOG Chapter meeting tomorrow and I was going to look for those lights. funny how it seems that I am thinking of something for my bike and here it is as a topic on here. KARMA!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.