Road Glide banner

Need Help fatter tire on older shark

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TearlessTom 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 glide, I purchased a Michellin Commander 150-80-16 for the rear problem the saddle bag fender support bracket is not wide enough.
Anyone know the fix for this problem, I was looking at the parts file for a 2007the bracket is shaped different but I don't know if it will fit.
The fender is plenty wide enough however that darn bracket is giveing me fits any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I believe that your model year FLTR comes with a 130 tire and the tire you just got is too wide to fit. You would be better off just staying with the stock tire size because along with the bracket problem you may have a belt clearance problem as well. MY 08 has the 140 tire size stock and most 150 tires are too wide for my bike because of the belt clearance so I just stick with the stock size.

#3 · (Edited)
I changed out the pully and belt as well as the swingarm, I put a 2007 swingarm in and a 11/8 pully and belt.
Just having a problem clearing the saddle bag support bracket, anyone done this mod care to share your thoughts on changing or modifying the width of the bracket.

#6 ·
I have that exact tire on the back of my 07 , so what ever the diference is it will fit the 07. Can't go any bigger though for sure.

As mentioned earlier I think the belt is narrower than the previous models.
It is a tight fit but I have 8000 miles on mine with no issues at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.