Road Glide banner

Frankenglide

37K views 172 replies 64 participants last post by  Hillglide 
#1 ·
The latest project going on in Fab Frank's garage is the Frankenglide. As some of you already know, we inherited his dads trike. His dad bought this 09 Motor Trike conversion new in 09 at Bike Week in Daytona. The bike originally started out as an EGUC.
His dad added reverse to it and a few add-ons here and there but never really rode it much as he began to fall ill. As it stands right now, it has a whopping 7000 miles on it and I would guess that we probably put 2000 of those on it ourselves.

So the plan is to turn it back into a 2 wheel bike. We'll keep the trike kit and store it away in case one of us needs it in the future. Frankies no spring chicken, ya know....lol! But the reverse is staying on...haha This is lazy mans dream.

We've been gathering parts here and there in order to do so. We picked up a rear wheel & a rear fender from the forum, a new swing arm from ebay, will use the stock bags from Frankies RK Ruby (Ruby is like an organ donor....lol Her parts are everywhere!), RufusBarkely donated a set of frame (strut) covers, and theres probably a few more things Im forgetting.

Im sure there will be motor work done as this is a 96 and if y'all know Frankie, he likes his go fast bikes. Paint will probably be a down he road thing. Right now we are just looking at getting it back on the road. And yes, since this is a batwinger, the goal is to hopefully pick up inner/outer fairings cheap and have a REAL bike....lol

So, this truly is a 'Frankenglide'

See less See more
#5 ·
Tracy I think you should take that shell from the trike, attach to some whesls and trick it out as a new trailer for you know who.....
Funny you should mention that....the other day Myrtle went out to the garage with me and a friend of ours, and the trunk of the trike was open. She tried to squeeze her fatass in it because she knew we were getting ready to go ride! We've created a monster!!!

#4 ·
I guess it's too late to say, "Leave it a 3 wheeler!"

Have fun with it (goes without saying, right?)

#8 ·
Looks like a fun project good therapy.Got a new granddog this last week English Bulldog named Max he's 6 yrs old one of our customers had him he fell in love with my son while on a job at their home .The owners are gone a lot they wanted him to go to some one who would give him lots of attention with two kids he is getting a lot he is one sweet dog and loves to ride!!!

#11 ·
I've got fairing mounts off my '04 if you decide to do the rg conversion. Free to good home. You'll need the caps for the side mounts as I reused them on the '10 mounts. Center mount is good to go.

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for Sharing.
Frankenglide (hehe-hehe) is a Wicked Name.

U-No,.... I still dont live to far away for sum TURTLE-BURGERS!!!???
Tracy, You would of been Proud, to see my Turkey-Bird from Thanksgiving!
Bought a Non - Oil Turkey Fryer from Bass Pro, Injected that Sucker w/16 oz. of Creole Butter, Rubbed It w/da Rub, and ,... wel,... It was KILA!!! all 18lbs. of it!
Stay Cool U-2.
Later
The Possabilitys of a Stereo on a Kranken-Glide (hehe-hehe) are ??? OOOuuu!

#14 ·
They changed the angle in 2010. I changed mounts so I could add vented lowers.

#17 ·
I guess no of us are wired right ~ LOL ~ Worst part is we find a sight that only worsens our addiction/disease ~ Keep the pics comin ~ and can't wait to see the finished product in real life ~ done alot of miles around the KY area ~ Lawrencburg/Waddy/Frankfurt ~ Hope to see ya guys for lunch one day at Rick's White Light Diner ~ and of course if ya journey to FL ~ I'm an hour north of Daytona ~ SemperFi

#19 ·
Slowly making some progress in making this thing look like a two-wheeler.

After removing all the trike kit, we put on the new swing arm and got the tire mounted up, fender mounted up, belt tension set. Caliper mounted.

Tonight the bag supports were put on as well as got the brake line ran to the rear caliper.

We are waiting on the bag pin brackets, outer faring & kickstand to arrive. Still have a few things to get such as a hidden bumper, outer fairing & instrument nacelle, radio bracket, wiring harness and headlight assembly.

Then its on to things like new handlebars, exhaust, suspension....yadda, yadda, yadda.

#23 ·
lol...actually hes got one on his RGU (Clyde) which will now become my 2nd bike. Its got the iPod interface installed on it and I was 'informed' last night that I gotta save up my pennies and get him a new one! Along with new bars & suspension cause I wasnt getting all his goodies he already put on it. LMAO
Have you ever heard such a thing!!!????!!!! :p

Quick side note: He says he doesnt mind not having a radio on the RK...he listens to the sweet music of the motor....lol

#25 ·
Nothing else going on right at the moment, waiting for odds & ends parts to come in that were ordered from HD. Also Frankie ordered the exhaust today....Dragulas from Dragos.

Give yourself some credit Dan, yours is coming along great!

#34 ·
I forgot to mention that this a lazy man's bike. It'll still have the reverse....lol

Lots of progress made today. Saddlebag supports were put on & frame rail covers were put on but had to be modified. Apparently they are different on a custom vs an ultra because of the tourpack. A few minor cuts and we were good to go.

Bags are on

And tourpack is on!! YAY!!!

It appears that FrankenGlide will hit the blacktop tomorrow. At least temporarily. Motor work to start soon so it'll be back on the lift shortly.

#37 ·
Tracy,...
U got a 2sd. Bike now???
Not Bad!!!
Ya piss Ole Lymey off tho,.. she knows shes not #1!!!,....hard telln what that Green Slimey Bar B---h will do!???
2011 RG-Ultra! :) :) :),...
for sum ODD reason, I think theres ALOT ya'all aint sayn!???
hehehe

#41 ·
RG outer should be here tomorrow and the inner will be a few weeks away and then it truly will be a Frankenglide. The years of parts will range from 2003 to 2013! LOL

Frankenglide made its maiden voyage today. We rode about 5 hrs. Everything went well.

We rode north and was surprised to see snow on the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.