Road Glide banner

Winter 2012/13 Upgrades: Whar r ur plans?

17K views 142 replies 105 participants last post by  Sixnine68 
#1 ·
Hello fellow shark lovers. It's that time of year for many of us: upgrade season. What do you have planned? If your upgrades are only a portion of those planned for the future, how did you prioritize what to do now and what can wait?

#4 ·
I'm jealous!!! :p

For me,
New full exhaust from Fuel Moto
Second amplifier for the stereo.
Indirect lighting on the body
Maybe a new seat if funds allow.

#3 ·
I still plan on riding whenever I can!

But, during some of the worst of the weather:

New speakers and hidden antenna
Daymanker headlight
Contrast uppper forks, chrome lowers, and a chrome Yaxle

Will it all get done?

Depends on funds, and how mich riding I get done.

I'd also like some new slip on mufflers. I have the same Rush mufflers I had on my 2009, so I;ve been running them over 4 years. Still in great shape, and they sound great, but I'm looking at either 4" rineharts or V&H Monster Rounds. Just ready to hear something different.

#5 ·
Well a se compensator and baker fixed tensioner, both front and rear tires and while I'm at it brakes. Upgrading my radio too. This should hold me over for another year.

#6 ·
Not much this winter.

Have new wheels installed from Coatal Moto, Thanks Jeff they arrived on Tuesday, Oct 30.

Progressive suspension on the front end.

Have radio repaired, missing CD door cover thanks to some idiot punks the broke it off and the CD's are skipping, laser probably needs cleaning

That's about it for this winter.

#7 ·
Not to just be a smart-ass... I do have some projects in the wings. What gets done depends on timing and finances.

Painted inner fairing

Blue LEDs in the speedo and tach

Blue LEDs above the motor

LED headlights

#8 · (Edited)
1. install progressive monotubes( been sitting in a box all summer)
2. fix J&M speaker wires that mice chewed through and replace speaker grill
3. J&M Saddlebag subwoofers
4. 107" and cams or just cams depending on the cash flow
5. Who knows??? Tinker here and there

#9 ·
Just finished mine this past weekend. Drago's 107" kit, T-Man 555 Tq. cams, and Dragula 2-1 exhaust. Heat cycled it Sunday AM, and did the first 50-miles Sunday afternoon. Oil is changed and gonna put a dent in the next 500 miles of break in tomorrow & Saturday. Then it's off to be dyno tuned.

I would like to install the LED headlights this winter too, but I would really like the price of them to come down. Not sure I can wait that long though.

#11 ·
I still have a few things I want to black out that I can do myself.

Expensive - suspension. I'd like to do at least the rear with Ohlins or Progressive but it all depends on funds... Seems to be a common restraint... lol

Stephen

#13 ·
Cam swap maybe. If I could get the funds maybe bump it up to a 107". Who knows?

#14 ·
I'll be installing V&H Power Duals headers along with rear saddlebag guards. Then it's off to the dealer to get the bike dyno-tuned.

Somewhere in there I'm going to try to do a very thorough cleaning. It's been a long time since I've done that....

#16 ·
New bike so basic are done already.
Fuel moto 2 -1-2 Ceramic headers to hook up to the SE night sticks
Refine the Power vision tune
Some ditch light/turn signal set up I heard about.
A slightly lower wind shield maybe

#17 ·
1. Progressive monotubes ( shoulda been done long ago)
2. Wild Ones 612
3. Clean it up

#18 ·
....... i'm thinkin' this is the winter i dive waay into the deep end & pull the fairing to clean the headlight bulbs & lens cover.
......... then again, maybe i'll just do like Pargenz & keep puttin' gas in it.

#21 ·
This is depressing. We need to get a RoadGlide.org vacation rental here in California for you guys. I look forward to winter here, nice and cool riding. Back to the topic...my lowers should be here soon. Other than that, time for a derby cover and maybe cams, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#41 ·
This is depressing. We need to get a RoadGlide.org vacation rental here in California for you guys. I look forward to winter here, nice and cool riding.
It is depressing. Already sand/gravel/salt on the roads here in the mountains of Southwest Virginia. I simply detest driving my cage since I upgraded my scooter to a Road Glide.

#26 ·
I'll just be getting mine going into the colder months but still plan on riding. But when the snow starts and there is salt and sand on the road I plan on cracking open the fairing and getting everything done at once...

New head unit and speakers
Wiring my GPS
Replacing the molding on the fairing lip
Changing to LED's in the small gauges and sending the tach and speedo off for LED mod

Other mods....
New shocks - Either Progressive 944's or the HD Premiums
New seat - C&C
Chopped tour pak with rigid mount

Thanks about it

#27 · (Edited)
I plan on pullling off all the painted parts and having 2 additional coats of clear added. I will also be painting my inner fairing and plastics to match, as well as my J&M saddlebag speaker lids. That's about all I have $$ for at this point after all the other mods I've already done. I would love to do more but I have an engine swap project on Triumph (car, not bike) in the works too for this winter.

#28 ·
Stage 1, no Cat. Progressive in the front for sure and maybe the rear. $$$$$$

#30 ·
Paint the inner fairing. My dealer has a storage deal for $250 off, so still thinking about whether I want to paint or just get the painted inner fairing. I think the BBP may be hard to match, but it will look so SWEET.

#31 ·
Right now I am planning on finishing up troubleshooting the racket I have in the top end. It's lookin like some roller rockers are in order. Then installing my Coastal Moto 21" Titan front wheel, and a Willie Shiny chrome rear with some new rubber. Assuming I can put the cash together for the last half of that. In the mean time- go visit my Grandaughter in Cali.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.