2012 RG CVO seat - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Seating: seats, backrests

Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 09-27-2011, 09:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to abone
Default 2012 RG CVO seat

Anyone have a part # for the 2012 CVO seat? Anyone sat on one? The pic looks great but wonder about it in the flesh.
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 AM

I sat on one b/c i work at the dealer ship....I just ordered my seat the other day..the i got the one with the gray stitching....its an amazing seat...luv the fact it comes a solo and also i did order the passenger...

But, the rider seat is on back order but the passenger seat is not....I will have the part number for you later on today...

Like I said....2012CVO seat is an amazing seat to have......
Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Great thanks. I just ordered a Sundowner, SG stitching but if this is priced reasonable, I'll have the dealer switch up. I have all winter to wait so being on back-order isn't an issue for me. Riding season is just about over up here.
Do you know if the HD removable/adjustable rider backrest fit these seats?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoRG View Post
I sat on one b/c i work at the dealer ship....I just ordered my seat the other day..the i got the one with the gray stitching....its an amazing seat...luv the fact it comes a solo and also i did order the passenger...

But, the rider seat is on back order but the passenger seat is not....I will have the part number for you later on today...

interested in this as well......
Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoRG View Post

Did you have a chance to get the part #'s yet?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Life Member

okay, while i was at the hd shop picking up a new kickstand spring, i figured i would get the part numbers for the seats and pillions. the dealer did not have a cvo roadglide in stock, so i have yet to see the seat in person, but here's the numbers:

52000042 black/grey seat
52400024 black/grey pillion

52000043 brown/gold seat
52400025 brown/gold pillion

52000056 black/gold seat
52400038 black/gold pillion

in looking at the seat in the parts manual, and the sales brochure, i thought it might be the same as the 'new' solo touring seat they sell, but that has a part number of 52000057. that seat i have seen and it is flimsy! the seat weighs about 12 ozs, is very flexible, and the foam is very soft and will probably be burning after about an hour. i did think it looked good though....

it would be great if someone could actually test out one of these seats and let the rest of us know what's up....
Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 PM

Thanks for posting the part #'s. I dropped by my dealer today and they had a blue/black bike in stock. The seat looks good....sorta like a Corbin....but don't think much of the comfort, not for me. It felt like a short ride, not a long ride seat. Always hard to tell by a 5 minute sit down though.
For sure the HD adjustable rider backrest doesn't fit, so that rules me out anyway, and $766 cdn up here for both......$460 for the pillion and $306 for the solo.

Last edited by abone; 09-30-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abone View Post
Thanks for posting the part #'s. I dropped by my dealer today and they had a blue/black bike in stock. The seat looks good....sorta like a Corbin....but don't think much of the comfort, not for me. It felt like a short ride, not a long ride seat. Always hard to tell by a 5 minute sit down though.
For sure the HD adjustable rider backrest doesn't fit, so that rules me out anyway, and $766 cdn up here for both......$460 for the pillion and $306 for the solo.
what? $460 for the pillion? thats damned highway robbery! i've never seen a pillion that was more expensive than the seat that it goes with. course, can't say that i've looked all that hard either.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
what? $460 for the pillion? thats damned highway robbery! i've never seen a pillion that was more expensive than the seat that it goes with. course, can't say that i've looked all that hard either.
I thought he made a mistake, asked him "are you sure" and he confirmed. This is in Canada though, and we often pay twice as much..
Old 10-02-2011, 04:57 PM

The seat is nice, at least I can say it works good for me. 3000 miles so far on my '12 CVO RG, and I am happy with it. Previous experience was on a Corbin for 45,000 miles, and this seat comes pretty close. No backrest though, not happening with this seat, I do miss that.