Hard Ride Audio Six Pac - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Audio

Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Default Hard Ride Audio Six Pac

I'm doing some browsing and noticed a new product that hard ride audio put out to add speakers to the glove box.

Has anyone tried these out? I would prefer doing this as to mounting new speakers torwards the forks.

http://www.hardrideaudio.com/hra/pro...e-six-pac.aspx

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 03:31 PM

I'm running that setup - it's an easy install and sounds good, but there may be other setups available with more bang for the buck...
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=14119
Mike
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Life Member

That would be a cool set up including the fork facing speakers
Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the info Mike,

I'm installing a Rockford Fosgate RFX3000 marine grade radio with
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Amp. With that being said I really don't want/need the amplifier...I hope they will part out the pods individually.

Brian
Old 04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan View Post
I'm running that setup - it's an easy install and sounds good, but there may be other setups available with more bang for the buck...
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=14119
Mike
I agree... the fact that they are all different brand speakers is a turn-off for me... to get the best sound you should at least go with the same brand... Instead run components in the fairing with tweeters in the dash and run a seperate set of 6-1/2's in the inner fairing... what is a small 4" co-ax going to do for you???
Old 04-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Thats a good point Baggerz, not to mention i would be losing the glove boxes completely. I was just trying to avoid cutting up the inner fairing if I could. I'm going to rethink this whole deal!

Thanks for the advice!

Brian
Old 04-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouKYCards View Post
Thats a good point Baggerz, not to mention i would be losing the glove boxes completely. I was just trying to avoid cutting up the inner fairing if I could. I'm going to rethink this whole deal!

Thanks for the advice!

Brian
Piece of cake... what is your system? What speakers are you running? Amp? There are shallow mount speakers that will eliminate you having to cut your glove box...
Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 AM

Baggerz,

Currently i'm running a Sony Radio CDX-GT660 (I do not recommend this radio for any Road Glide! You can't see the display at all!) I have a MS-60 on order to replace that head unit. With that I have a Hertz Audio 6.5 in the fairings with a Hog Tunes Tweeter Pod on the Bars. Biketronics Control Unit.

It actually puts out pretty good sound, but since i'm already into the fairing to replace the radio I thought I would upgrade a few things: I'm going to add the RF 300x4 amp and more speakers to the mix, paint the inner fairing, and upgrade the gauges.

If you have any suggestions I'm always open for them.

P.S. For anyone that is interested in the glove box upgrades, just got an email from HRA and the pods themselves sell for $299....
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouKYCards View Post
Baggerz,

Currently i'm running a Sony Radio CDX-GT660 (I do not recommend this radio for any Road Glide! You can't see the display at all!) I have a MS-60 on order to replace that head unit. With that I have a Hertz Audio 6.5 in the fairings with a Hog Tunes Tweeter Pod on the Bars. Biketronics Control Unit.

It actually puts out pretty good sound, but since i'm already into the fairing to replace the radio I thought I would upgrade a few things: I'm going to add the RF 300x4 amp and more speakers to the mix, paint the inner fairing, and upgrade the gauges.

If you have any suggestions I'm always open for them.

P.S. For anyone that is interested in the glove box upgrades, just got an email from HRA and the pods themselves sell for $299....
Save the $299 and apply it to another set of Hert Hi-Energy 6.5's... if you can get the Hi-Energy components... install second set in inner fairing and put an amplifier to all 4 front speakers... you MUST amp them to get the best for your money... I have never used sony, but I am a big fan of the kenwood excelon line... try to get a head unit with 4V outputs... don't waste your money and time with the polk db series 4" speaker... polk is good but not until you hit the MM SERIES... but if your running Hertz you are already miles in front of the polks... good luck..
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 PM

I would have liked to go with another head unit other than sony, but the Sony DSX-MS60 was plug and play into my Serius Radio and Biketronic units. Its only 2V if i'm not happy with the way it turns out I will be trashing the whole system and going with something different. Some Ebayer will get a good deal :P

Anyway, many thanks for the good advice. I'll let you know how it turns out.