Dennis Kirk is intentionally deceptive... - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 05-22-2012, 05:56 AM

Default Dennis Kirk is intentionally deceptive...

I placed an online order for a new PM rear rotor last Friday. I chose Dennis Kirk only because they had part instock and said would be shipped that day. I already had my wheel off for a wiring repair so I figured perfect time to get it, and site said it would be at my door by Wednesday. I did need my bike back for the weekend. (Race weekend in Indy brings out the bikes and I never miss it) So I dropped 280 on it and got a confirmation email with scheduled delivery for the following Wednesday. Then, late Monday afternoon I get an email saying that part is backordered and will be 3-5 business days late. I was confused which email was correct, so I call customer service and get chastised for not clicking on the "overview" tab and reading the fine print. I explained that I may not have read the fine print but I did read the email u sent me with a schedulded delivery date. DK didn't offer me even an allology. They said it was a known problem and they were trying to fix it. That sounds like bs to me, there are thousands of much smaller companies that have the resources to figure out how to run a website, they are just not concerned enough to fix it. So, I will put my wheel back on and back off again next week, and I will never spend another dime with Dennis Kirk again.
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 06:11 AM
Grey beard

It sounds like it was going to be dropshipped from PM but PM had none in stock and DK found that out when they placed the order. When I really need something I will call and talk to a person to confirm availability since I have seen websites be overly optimistic in the past. Good luck! I have bought quite a bit from DK in the past with no issues.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLWiz View Post
It sounds like it was going to be dropshipped from PM but PM had none in stock and DK found that out when they placed the order. When I really need something I will call and talk to a person to confirm availability since I have seen websites be overly optimistic in the past. Good luck! I have bought quite a bit from DK in the past with no issues.

+1 Same here.....
Old 05-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Life Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have always had good customer service from them. Their prices aren't always the best though.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullhorr View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have always had good customer service from them. Their prices aren't always the best though.
Defintley on the high side of price. I only went with them because of the fact they said they had in stock and would ship that day. They even have a ticking clock telling u how much time u have to buy if u want it shipped that day! That is very deceptive, and intentionally misleading. I'm sure I will cheer up once I remove that stock rotor for this PM part. BTW I also ordered a pulley exchange from Willy Shiny for other side od wheel. Excellent service, highly recommend them. I will post some pics when I get it all done.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Life Member

Default sadly

Wow. I have always had good luck with Dennis Kirk. If I positively need something right now, I call and ensure they go look for the part I need prior to ordering. I quit believing anyone has inventory anymore. Full bins at the manufacturer are things of the past.

Trailers are for Boats!!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Grey beard

FWIW, Dennis Kirk and Drag Specialties are owned by the same company, Parts Unlimited. They sell wholesale to bike shops under the Drag name and direct to the public as DK.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Life Member

Hindsight is always 20/20...
If I have a tight timeframe for something I always call and talk to a live person. Drop-shipping is the only way big resellers like Dennis Kirk can offer lower prices. No one can afford to carry a huge inventory and offer low prices.
I have always had good experiences with DK. When things have gone awry, they have made it right.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Shark of the Month July 13

sorry to hear about that. the magazines make good booster seats for little kids though
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Life Member

I've neverhad an issue with getting the parts from DK either, but as others have said I usually call to confirm availability before placing the order. Learned that lesson when I bought my exhaust and waited 2 months to get it.

'12 Candy Colbalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE
Fullsac C Pipe, Fullsac 2" Cores, TTS Mastertune, WO515 Chubby Bars, Wheel Dock EZup, Daymakers, Madstad 13".....