Tour Pak - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Equipment-RG

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Default Tour Pak

I have the opportunity to buy a king tour pak from a good friend of mine. He bought it when he got a new street glide last year, and has never used it. He traded that bike in on a trike(health issues), and now has the extra pak. It has the detachable mount, wrap around backrest pad, rear lights, top rack, liner and luggage bag. The only thing is that it is vivid black and my bike is denim black. I can get the pak for 800.... does this sound like a good deal? I already have the 4 point docking kit installed on my bike

My only concern is the paint. I have read all of the blitz black posts and have read about spraying parts with plasti dip to match the denim paint. I would like to avoid paying another few hundred for paint if I can. It would be nice if I could just put a flat clear on it...

So what do you think? Is this a good/bad deal? Is it going to be too much hassle trying to paint for the price of the trunk? I am leaving around Aug. 1 for a 3 month trip across the U.S. on the bike and I know the extra space would be nice.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated, thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Prospect

I guess it's just me, I would leave it as it is & use it, if you are like me, I only install the tour pak for trips anyway, just my opinion.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettjocky View Post
I guess it's just me, I would leave it as it is & use it, if you are like me, I only install the tour pak for trips anyway, just my opinion.
i agree with this.

oh and yes, with all that's included, it's a good price.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Hangaround

I have a black denim king tour pack that I might be willing to trade for your vivid black. My tour pack has the factory red pinstripe on the top of the lid. Standard backrest pad, No lights and no rack. Its was on my bike for approx. 2000 miles and sitting in my basement since. Let me know what ya think. Im in Philly, shipping might suck
Old 07-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the offer ridered67, but I'm going to keep this tour pak. I picked it up yesterday and I will only be using it for trips and when I need the extra space, so the difference in color isn't that big of a deal... So thanks for the comments, I am happy with the new box, except for the radio reception, but that's a different story.....
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TLKurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesdt85 View Post
I am happy with the new box, except for the radio reception.....
Radio reception? The only station mine gets is my iPod playlists or Slacker Radio from my phone! Seriously though, that was a good price. I have a vivid black RGC and I just priced the tour pak (minus lights) and it's almost $1100.00. I now have the dealer looking for slightly used or something they can make me a deal on. Yes, occasionally I'm a tight-ass, especially when it will only get used a few times a year.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Prospect

That's a smoking good deal. I bought mine new at a discount and paid about twice that without liner or luggage bag.
Supertrapp FatShots,
PCV,
Dave Mackie Megasphere kit with TC598L cams,
SE Air Cleaner