Wrist angle on bars - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Controls & Handlebars

Controls & Handlebars Controls and Handlebars for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 AM

Default Wrist angle on bars

I was looking at Wild One 12" Chubby's and the 12" Outlawz. The main difference besides the sharper bend, seems to be the wrist angles .The Chubbys have an angle of 42 degrees compared to the Outlawz at 22 degrees.Could someone please explain the pros and cons of the different wrist angles.
RC Xhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Life Member

It's really all about feel and comfort. I went with the outlaws because I wanted a more natural wrist angle. There almost like straight bars on apes. Extremely comfortable in my opinion. They are also not as wide as the chubbys if I'm not mistaken.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Life Member

It's going to be near impossible to list a pro and con ... all depends on what you find comfortable. I love my Santees but someone else who sat on my bike hated the wrist angle.

Wrist angle is only part of it too - the width of the bars come into play as well. A narrow bar with a 42 wrist angle will feel a lot different than a wide bar with the same angle. Notice that the Chubbys are almost 3 inches wider at the grips than the Outlawz. (Makes sense - a narrower bar will probably feel more comfortable with less of a wrist angle.) The Chubbys also angle UP during the pullback, whereas the Outlawz are roughly level. (My Santees angle downward.)

The best thing you can do is find someone with the bars you're interested in and try them out. Other than that, sit on your bike and hold a broomstick out in front and see what's comfortable with different hand positions, wrist angles, etc and have someone measure. It's not ideal but better than nothing.

Good luck ...

2011 FLTRX 103

VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Hangaround

Both comments are spot on. It has to be what suits you. My experience is that the 22 degree angle is A LOT better for me. I have had plenty of 42 degree angled wider bars and could never get rid of the neck pain...

But then there are others who are similar height and build to me that say the exact opposite.

I just finished the install of my WO612s last night and did the test sit and they are going to be perfect for ME.....

Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot!!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Life Member

Find out the precise angle of the stock Road Glide bars, and then make absolutely certain that the angle is very far from that...should be quite comfortable..................
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
Find out the precise angle of the stock Road Glide bars, and then make absolutely certain that the angle is very far from that...should be quite comfortable..................
LOL ... that's perfect!

2011 FLTRX 103

VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
Yep I agree also. The stock bars killed me till I got them gone....

MyPhault
"Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window"

MyPhault,
"Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of the car window"