Paint set value? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Paint & Bodywork Section

Paint & Bodywork Section Post your paint & bodywork questions and issues here!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 03-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Life Member

Default Paint set value?

I am thinking about getting a different paint set for my bike. What would my complete set of scarlet red(minus hardware) be valued at?

Thanks
2010 FLTRX Scarlet Red. Andrews 48h cams.Crane lifters.SE adj push rods. SE intake with PC/5. 2-1-2 Headpipe(no cat)w/Rinehart's. Chrome Front End w/1" Lowering Kit. HD Thunderstar Wheels. Cee Baileys TRSSC 15" Dome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Life Member

Default Re: Paint set value?

I am thinking 2200-2400 in mint cond.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Life Member

Why not just paint what you have and have a one off custom color?? There are many good painters out there and you'll probably save yourself a butt load of cash compared to what HD wants for one of their limited sets.

'12 Candy Colbalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=135593
Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93-331-29psi View Post
Why not just paint what you have and have a one off custom color?? There are many good painters out there and you'll probably save yourself a butt load of cash compared to what HD wants for one of their limited sets.
i can tell you that if you were to purchase one of the limited sets from hd, that the price for the roadglide, with stretched bags, and color matched tourpak would come out to almost $10,000.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93-331-29psi View Post
im with 93-331-29psi. paint your set. less headache and money

People only hate when they are Jealous or Worried. So embrace your haters because they are just letting you know your doing something RIGHT!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Grey beard

I bought a complete set of RG tins (no tourpak) in 2011 for 1500.00. Front fender, rear fender, side covers, tank, outer fairing, saddlebags and lids with hardware. I still have the tank in '04 scarlet red with silver stripe.

I have amassed a 3rd set of tins in various colors now for a future paint project and am into that set for about 780.00, I still need an 08 up fuel tank and an 08 down rear fender.

If your original tins are a one year color it makes sense to keep them in original condition imho and find a donor set to paint the color you want.
Calgaryglide. '08 Road Glide, Platinum White with wood trim, Thundermax Autotune, Dragula 2:1, Drago 510 cams, Glidepro motor mount and rear bushing, Zippers chain tensioners, K&N a/c, BAL, Rokker XTs and lots of other stuff.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Life Member

Actually. The set I am looking at is a "take off set". Everything but the outer fairing. I figure i would have about $2000 in the whole set by the time I got the outer fairing. Just trying to figure out what I can get out of my original set to re-coop some of my money. The condition of my original set is about an 8 or 9(conservatively) out of 10.
2010 FLTRX Scarlet Red. Andrews 48h cams.Crane lifters.SE adj push rods. SE intake with PC/5. 2-1-2 Headpipe(no cat)w/Rinehart's. Chrome Front End w/1" Lowering Kit. HD Thunderstar Wheels. Cee Baileys TRSSC 15" Dome.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Hangaround

I've bought about ten paint sets in the last few years. The most that I paid for a non CVO RG set was $1,600. That's without the inner fairing and trunk. You might get $2300.00 but it might take a while. I really like Scarlet Red but I don't think it's the best seller.

It's usually easier to sell a bike with stock paint or a Harley numbered set.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Life Member

Well I missed out on the set that I was lookin at. I originally wanted to do a two tone over the winter. But it did not happen. Guess I'll keep lookin. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 PM
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Lot's of posts saying just repaint. What is a fair price to have a road glide painted?