Front Turn Signals - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Aftermarket Accessories

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-15-2010, 11:12 AM

Default Front Turn Signals

Ok, not sure if this would be an accessory issue or not but thought I would start here.

My question is in regards to the turn signals. Im getting rid of the big front blinkers and wanted to know which would be better to go with as a replacement. Im talking about either the "Illumabezel" that has the blinkers in the cover itself or I've recently seen the ones that actually mount on the side of the fairing itself and are flush. Obviously these would look a little better, but then your cutting into the fairing and sounds like a little more involved.

Any help in which is the better product and any experience in installing either or, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Ben
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Grey beard

Been pondering doing the same thing. I'm going with the new H-D mirrors with built in LED's.

Jeff
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
Been pondering doing the same thing. I'm going with the new H-D mirrors with built in LED's.

Jeff
Thats cool Jeff, but not my thing. Just like the grips that have the blinkers on the ends. Anyway, I think that side mounted lights in the fairing would be bad a**. Like I said it would be a little more involved.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Prospect

Do you have any pics or link to the flush mounted blinkers?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice1 View Post
Do you have any pics or link to the flush mounted blinkers?

Thanks
I saw it not to long ago in a magazine. Can't remember but will look when I get home and let ya know.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Hangaround

I have the Illumabezel on my 05, It looks good but i sure wouldn't count on those dinky little LED's to save my butt. I use them as supplemental signals.

If I were to remove the stock signals and used the load equalizer they would probably be brighter, but I just don't trust I would be seen.

Function over form in that department for me.

12 Road Glide Custom
Old 11-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wydeglyde View Post
I have the Illumabezel on my 05, It looks good but i sure wouldn't count on those dinky little LED's to save my butt. I use them as supplemental signals.

If I were to remove the stock signals and used the load equalizer they would probably be brighter, but I just don't trust I would be seen.

Function over form in that department for me.
I never thought of being seen versus the look. I will surly take that into consideration.

Thanks, Ben
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Life Member

Just remember. When you take the original Turn Signals off, you need to replace them with a DOT Approved signal. If not, you are opening yourself up for a Traffic Stop anytime any Cop wants to stop you. Even if they just want to waste your time and F**k with you.

There are a lot of cool signals that are DOT approved out on the market. Just something to think about when shopping for replacements.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)
Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007RoadGlide View Post
Thats cool Jeff, but not my thing. Just like the grips that have the blinkers on the ends. Anyway, I think that side mounted lights in the fairing would be bad a**. Like I said it would be a little more involved.
I agree totally. My problem is, I'm not ready for a full on paint job, and having the lens' flushed into the fairing, would involve a paint job, I suspect. It's my understanding, that once they're in place, the lens' are masked off, the part is painted/sanded, then the tape comes off, and clear coat goes over the whole works.

Here's a link to a builder that installs flush LED's, as well as DIY kits.

http://www.mattrisleyinnovation.com/pfmtlights1.html

Jeff
Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Grey beard

Ever thought of using signals from street bikes? you can find many of them with LEDs, smoked, clear, etc.... theyre inexpensive and wouldnt require a bunch of modification. Some can be mounted on a post, some flush mounted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.