Radio Problems 2012 Glide - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Troubleshooting for Road Glides

Troubleshooting for Road Glides List your Road Glide problems here, and DR. Ruth will answer them.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Default Radio Problems 2012 Glide

Hey All
My radio cuts in & out in both radio and iPhone . Very erratic patterns , half a second to 2 seconds both with bike running or not , on the road or stopped .
I have had my bike since June 2012 , would this be covered under warranty ?
Thanks in advance for your help
Jackson , F.D.N.Y. Retired due to 9/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Grey beard

Unless you have done some modifications that actually caused the problems it definitely should be covered under warranty.

2009 Black pearl 110ci,D&D exhaust, titanium gauges, Bright ass lights tailight, madstad windshiled, bagger nation super stereo, jac-knife highway pegs, progressive monotubes, etc..etc..etc...
Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Life Member

I had a problem with the display on mine and they fixed it under warranty.

Check your IPhone and make sure the "shake to shuffle" feature is turned off. That was turned on on mine last summer and every time I hit the slightest bump it would jump to the next song after a slight delay.

Welcome from Maryland
Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 PM

Default 2012 radio

Thanks for your reply, This happens all the time even with radio on bike sitting not running
Thanks again
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator

**Moved to the troubleshooting subforum

05 RG 'Lymey'
11 RGU 'Clyde'
Old 06-19-2013, 12:57 PM

I have the same issue. I brought my bike in for it's 5K and rolled it out with my speakers not working. It was fine when I brought it in. If I flip any switch (Speaker, Cruise, Aux), it comes back for a second or 2. Sometimes one speaker cuts out and sometimes all my speakers cut out. One thing for certain is that its worse when the volume is turned up. I have the bike back at H-D now as it is a warranty issue. Since it broke on their watch, they are attempting to give me speedy service.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that either a wire got shorted, a ground dropped, something got wet that shouldn't have, or the radio died. I've read many threads with possibilities on what happened. Most often, this is happening on batwings as the fairing mounts used to allow extra vibration. I can't wait to see what happened with mine.

I'm happy it's under warranty now, but I hope that this doesn't repeat after my warranty runs out...

Old 06-19-2013, 01:22 PM

I am assuming you have an X not a U. I had that problem on my U one day and it drove me crazy until I figured out I somehow had turned the CB on and anytime it picked something up the radio would cut out.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM

My wife's TriGlide trike had a radio problem and the whole radio was replaced under warranty. Do a search on line for "Harley Kendon Radio Problems". Hers would just stop playing through the speakers, although the faceplate showed the radio on, on a station, volume up/down etc. The only way to fix it was shut it off and turn it back on. So, it got replaced free.

I did notice over the weekend on my Ultra, that I would lose the sound intermittently. That turned out to be the fact that I had the CB enabled, and was in range of someone using theirs. Problem solved by turning off the CB.