Stereo upgrade - suggestions - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Roadglide Audio

Roadglide Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Hangaround

Default Stereo upgrade - suggestions

Okay, so the dealer has the Hogtunes display, and I've seen the Hawg-Wired website, but I was wondering: which upgrades give the best bang for the buck?
I'd like somwthing that puts out more bass and volume. The HogTunes stuff seems okay, but a little pricey. Are all the good upgrades this expensive? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

You have to pay to play. I would recommend a good amp (Arc Audio), and some decent speakers.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Hangaround

Okay. So I've got to get over the high price for the stereo upgrades. What do you think of the packages available from HogTunes or HogWired? Are there others that are worth considering?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 AM

I just did an upgrade with Arc Audio amp and Hertz Hi-Energy speakers. Well worth the money spent. I can go 90 MPH and still clearly hear my music. The clairty and quality is awesome
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Jonesbrass take my advice. Ignorance is bliss. read my post then never look at another thread about audio. I got the Hogtunes fairing speakers for my 03 and they were a huge upgrade over my stock one speaker system (one of them blew out). I was very happy until I changed windshields from stock to a KW12. It was much harder to hear them. I started reading the audio threads on here, now I want to spend a bunch more money on speakers and amps and crossovers and stuff I never knew exsistied until a year ago. I think Hogtunes are an upgrade over stock and are not nearly as expensive as some of the other systems, but from what I have heard you get what you pay for where audio is concerned. Guys on here seem to love the J&M 7.25 speakers. I have a friend who has them with no amp and they are much louder than my hogtunes. They cost about 3 times as much as the Hogtunes I have. You will get a lot of good advice here, just hope you can afford it.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Hangaround

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Jonesbrass take my advice. read my post then never look at another thread about audio. You will get a lot of good advice here, just hope you can afford it.
LOL okay...

Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Hangaround

Okay. I think I get it. I think I'll stick to something pretty basic, like replacing the fairing speakers and adding an amp. Somewhere down the line, perhaps I'll add more speakers.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Prospect

I use to have the Hawg Wired 150W system and here's the skinny. That system was loud, but the speakers that came with that powerful amp could not handle that power. I say that because when your setting the gain level on the AMP, you set it for the best sound with no distortion,....and distortion is the sound of the bass vibrating ruining the song. Some songs,...the music is loud as hell with the volume level @ only 1/2. But some songs the base distorts the song so bad that you have to turn the volume down too far that you just switch songs because you have to turn it down to low. The loud sound that I got out of that system was high treble songs.

If I were to do it all over again and felt compelled to buy a better system, I'd buy the cheapest AMP/Speaker system and would go for that. The bike I just bought has the stock exhaust system on it and I'm leaving it this way for the foreseeable future because I like not having loud pipes right now. I added some Hog Tunes speakers that I had sitting on the shelf and my stereo sounds outstanding ! I was cruising along @ 85 MPH and I could hear every song just as well as when I had the the Hawg Wired system when I was running loud 2 into 1 pipes.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Admin

I did an upgrade to the j&m speakers only and I'm very happy. I believe the speakers alone are 50% louder.

www.Roadglide.org
Old 01-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Hangaround

I tried the hogtunes and they didnt quite do it for me so I tried the hawg wired in my 04, 05 SEEG's. The Hawg Wired amp and speakers were just that much better. I just sold the 05 and put the amp / speakers in my wifes FLHTK. I used the CX speakers with Cross Overs and did not have any issues with Power to Speaker / Distortion.

In my latest project (Dead Center Fairing on my Roadking) I used a Sony Head Marine Head unit, and Hertz speakers and tweeters with a pyle amp (Thanks Millers Custom Parts in Daytona). The speakers sound great. I am probably going to look for a higher output amp as I think I am part deaf and like it loud

Hawg Wired customer service has been AWESOME when I have had the need to call them. Definitely a class act when dealing with any issues / concerns.

-Unbalanced

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Last edited by unbalanced; 01-11-2011 at 12:56 PM.