Rear Shocks - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 02-19-2011, 12:39 AM

Default Rear Shocks

Best type of shocks for occasional passenger and tourpack, but for also everyday riding solo. I see all these different options, but not sure which way to go. I already have ride lowered an inch. I'm just tired of the constant air pressure adjusting....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Grey beard

Your going to get quite a few different answers as these like bars and seats really get down to personal preference. For me progressive have always been the answer and the hot shock right now is the 940 which actually is 1" lower than standard.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Life Member

Have had the Works Steel Tracker for a few years just for the same reasons you said. Easy adjust and great ride can say these work great for touring solo or when the wife wants to go. My 2 cents
J Prescion Heads \ 10.5:1 \ T-Man 590 cam \ ThunderMax tuner \ Feuling cam plate and tensioners \ Jaggs cooler \ Progressive front end \ Dragos SC series pipe \ Top Shop Bags \ Yaffe 10 inch bars\ Hawg Wired ZX and RF inner fairing speakers 500 Watts and Lots more
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Grey beard

Tossed my H-D shocks for Progressive 440's - great after watching the video on how to adjust them properly.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joke View Post
Tossed my H-D shocks for Progressive 440's - great after watching the video on how to adjust them properly.
Link please?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Grey beard

http://suspensionguy.wordpress.com/2...uspension-sag/

Old 02-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Hangaround

On my 2010 RG-C I added a detachable tour pack and electraglide seat with back rest, and went with Progressive 440 HD shocks. What an improvement. Rides great one up on the stock RG-C sadddle without the pack & wife, and then rides just as well with the pack and wife. Installing the shocks took less than one hour, and I'm just an average shade tree mechanic. I've owned several Harleys over the years, and have done a few mods to all of them, but I've never changed shocks until now. Best bang for the buck I've ever experienced, and for me the Progresssive shocks seem to be a very good product.
2010 RGC. Madstad, Heritage bars with chrome levers, detachable tour pack with LED lighting, Ventilator AC, Vance and Hines Power Dual header, CVO mufflers, SERT Pro, Progressive HD rear shocks, and several other odds and ends.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:23 AM

Thanks guys....I think with the new job, I'll have to put in a couple days OT so daddy can get a couple new toys....Thanks again.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Hangaround

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do, too. Going to look at Hagons shocks as an alternative (had them on a BMW and Triumph before) since I've liked them in the past. Only thing is, there is only one place to get them in the USA, Dave Quinn in Mass. But they do build them individually to every bike and rider, with load and style of riding taken into account - they come set up very well. What has always amazed me is how cheap they are, considering the components are made in England and they are assembled (valved, specific spring added) in the USA. I've had Works Performance shocks before (Street Trackers) and they are great too. Just too many GOOD choices out there.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Hangaround

Being that the 940 is 1" lower can you use this with a 21/18 wheel setup on a 2011?