What will work - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 03-24-2011, 10:04 PM

Default What will work

I have 2011 ultra with the 103 motor , I have read so much about mapping ,to much to take all in. I am having my mufflers redone by Americancustoms also getting the header pipes without the cats. Then big sucker air breather. Nothing else any help on how to tune this simple set up Money is tight but want to do it right.I do not want every drop of hp ,just want the bike to run good and some what cooler. Thanks for any help,do not trust the steelers.
Just because you Buy something new does not mean that it will work. Riding FLTRU :12 inch apes,Oil temp gauge, Sirus portable radio,, glove box locks,chrome handle controls, seat back rest,air wing tour pack rack with light , saddle bag locks(only after the left one flew off), all chrome switch covers,saddle bag crash bars and nos bag rails,american custom header pipe withere reworked pipes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 10:50 PM
HD Parts Expert

Power commander makes a nice unit. I would go that route personally.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado705 View Post
I have 2011 ultra with the 103 motor , I have read so much about mapping ,to much to take all in. I am having my mufflers redone by Americancustoms also getting the header pipes without the cats. Then big sucker air breather. Nothing else any help on how to tune this simple set up Money is tight but want to do it right.I do not want every drop of hp ,just want the bike to run good and some what cooler. Thanks for any help,do not trust the steelers.
What's the boys at American customs recomending. I also heard good things about the PCV but can be expensive with maping or the A.T. addition. If you Go PCV Buy from some one who will map it to your specs. Save time and money.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Hangaround

I've got the American Custom pipes and mufflers on my 2011 Road Glide Ultra along with Doherty Machine, Power Pacc and Power Vent breather assembly and had the dealer do EFI recalibration. THE BIKE RUNS LIKE A DIFFERENT MACHINE, and my warranty is not at risk. This exhaust set up is killer, second time for me. I can't say enough about Tim Doherty and his set up. Just my.02, skip the Dyno tune, Power Commanders, Twin Tuners, keep it clean and simple unless your going into the motor. You'll be riding instead of tweaking and tuning. See ya!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Hangaround

You could pick up a used V&H Fuelpak off eBay for 100.00 or so, they work well for your mods! Cheap and good support IMO
Axtell 107 (10.6-1 Compression), Pro Street Heads by Dewey, TMAN 590 cams, S&S Roller Rockers, Woods Directional Lifters, Revolution Performance EMS, D&D Boss Fatcat, HD Heavy Breather, Alpine IDA-305s head unit, Boston Acoustic Pro 60SE Speakers, Alpine PDX 2.150 Amp. 116 HP/128 TQ
Various chrome and black bits......

"I've Got A Cobra Snake As A Necktie"
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to CustomGlide

I too have the PCV. I cant tell you much about it becasue I have not had any issues. I put it on the bike runs awesome and I neer looked back. Took about 30 seconds to install. I bought it from Fuel Moto and they program it for you before they ship it. Tell them what you have done to your bike and your all set. The good thing is, if I ever decide to do anything else to the bike, I simply plug it into my laptop and download a new map based on what I have done.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbender View Post
I've got the American Custom pipes and mufflers on my 2011 Road Glide Ultra along with Doherty Machine, Power Pacc and Power Vent breather assembly and had the dealer do EFI recalibration. THE BIKE RUNS LIKE A DIFFERENT MACHINE, and my warranty is not at risk. This exhaust set up is killer, second time for me. I can't say enough about Tim Doherty and his set up. Just my.02, skip the Dyno tune, Power Commanders, Twin Tuners, keep it clean and simple unless your going into the motor. You'll be riding instead of tweaking and tuning. See ya!
I agree with you for the most part .The only thing about the Dealers downloads tend to run on the lean side. The Dealers still have to maintain EPA standards. Other than that keep it simple and ride.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:44 PM

Thanks for all the input,makes things a lot easier. This is my first fuel injected bike, some times seem more trouble than it is worth, what will the moco do next water . thanks again and ride safe.
Just because you Buy something new does not mean that it will work. Riding FLTRU :12 inch apes,Oil temp gauge, Sirus portable radio,, glove box locks,chrome handle controls, seat back rest,air wing tour pack rack with light , saddle bag locks(only after the left one flew off), all chrome switch covers,saddle bag crash bars and nos bag rails,american custom header pipe withere reworked pipes
Old 03-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado705 View Post
This is my first fuel injected bike, some times seem more trouble than it is worth

I know it seems that way, I was there myself. I spent time and money trying to work around what seemed like time and money. Then I did what I should have done in the first place...PCV from FuelMoto. You won't believe how easy it is. Install is a snap, they'll pre-map for your setup, and if there's any aspect of performance you want to tweak a bit, they'll send you map revisions that you can load. It actually takes more time to remove the seat than it does to re-map.

The best part...runs like no tomorrow and heat is no longer an issue!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM

+1 PCV from FuelMoto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.